ACCUR Recruiting Services has been retained by REVEL Bikes for this Head of Supply Chain search. REVEL Bikes is financed and advised by Next Sparc (Family Office / Investment Fund)
Our Client: REVEL Bikes
Revel was started by Adam Miller in 2016 to design and manufacture the finest high-end, full-suspension mountain bikes for avid riders. Revel licenses the CBF™ suspension, which is integrated into its carbon fiber frames, a key technological feature that distinguishes Revel Bikes from its competition. The Company is comprised of two leading brands, Why Cycles and Revel Bikes. Why Cycles accounted for ~12% of 2020 revenues, with the balance (~88%) stemming from Revel Bikes. Revel has grown quickly and garnered a stellar reputation for producing the best-riding bikes, supported by myriad awards and reviews, including Outside Magazine’s 2020 “Best Overall Mountain Bike” award, a monumental achievement for a nascent brand. With offices in Carbondale, and sources in China, Vietnam and Taiwan, Revel has a unique set of research capabilities that have fueled the development of the best mountain bikes on the planet. Most recently, Revel launched re-cyclable wheels and a carbon gravel bike and has new generation of products yet to be introduced. With that, Revel is in an excellent position to continue to scale at rapid rates through increased market share and innovation. The Company sells its products through local bike shops (LBS), domestic wholesalers, and international distributors, as well as direct-to-consumer (DTC). With the mission to create the finest trail bikes on the market, Revel is focused on assembling the best team to fulfill the mission. For more information, please visit https://www.revelbikes.com/
Our ideal Head of Supply Chain has significant experience working in the bicycle or outdoor industry, and especially has significant skills working in Asia and managing global supply chains, from procurement to warehousing to delivery. The candidate also has the skills and experience to help scale an early growth stage company to a $100MM+ organization and beyond. He / She should have a clear understanding of the operational requirements and insights into how Revel can optimize the supply chain to scale this business. This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth, and increase the overall efficiency of the corporation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Head of Supply Chain will be a part of the Revel leadership team, and responsible for managing the day-to-day Supply Chain operations. He / She will work alongside the CEO and leadership team to
- identify, articulate, and implement operational improvements necessary for the business to scale,
- effectively communicate and foster growth among the leadership team and all employees.
The Dir of Supply Chain will help build a scalable set of operational infrastructure to support a $100MM+ mountain bike company. He / She will act as a trusted partner to run day-to-day Supply Chain. This includes implementing Supply Chain best practices for procurement, logistics (inbound and outbound), inventory, and production to support significant growth, scale, and incremental profitability. He / She is expected to establish international procurement, shipping, warehouse, and assembly facility operations in Taiwan. He / She will lead a teams of 10+ people and would be based out of company headquarters in Carbondale, CO.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Director of Finance to set and drive the operational strategy & tactics and develop scalable operational capabilities.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals and performance management.
- Day-to-Day operational responsibility for the company in both Colorado and Taiwan, for Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Logistics (Inbound and Outbound), Inventory, and Production. This includes basic operational results, AND performance improvement efforts.
- Establish and execute plan for facilities and distribution to support growth. Plan should include inventory and production facility in the US, and new facilities (Taiwan) and distribution model to non-US markets that reduces total delivered cost to wholesale accounts. Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency of internal and external Supply Chain processes.
- Help support the growth and development of the integrated leadership team.
- Evaluate and optimize ERP to support the growth and scale objectives.
- Drive and improve company’s operational and financial results (sales, profitability, cash flow, systems, reporting and controls.)
- Provide leadership to staff and the organization that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall vision.
- Assist leadership team members in creating, growing, and building a world class, industry leading organization.
- 8+ years of experience with the biking or outdoor industry supply chain is required. Working with global manufacturers, especially in China / Taiwan is necessary
- Extremely strong, and deep Supply Chain and Operations experience developing infrastructure to support extreme growth. Ability to think through Supply Chain / Operational transformation to support hypergrowth.
- Ability to get in the weeds, understand the details / data of the business, prioritize, articulate, plan, and execute.
- Experience in organizational development and personnel management and development, budget and resource development and strategic planning, and collaborating with and influencing others.
- Prior success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player.
- Superior ability to develop people through coaching and empathy leading to a high organizational commitment with leaders throughout the organization equipped to effectively manage their areas and ability to grow.
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills.
- Possessing a “can-do” and “will-do” attitude with respect to accomplishing goals and satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- An effective communicator who is self-motivated and able to inspire confidence and respect, motivating both direct and indirect reporting organizations
- Nimble and entrepreneurial in nature, with past success in an environment with limited resources and genuine excitement for the company mission.
- Player coach – ability to work at the ground level to generate results.
- ERP Implementation experience will be considered a strong plus.
- Appreciated previous titles: Director of Supply Chain, VP of Supply Chain, Head of Supply Chain, Director of Operations, VP of Operations
- Appreciated previous experience: Bikes (Cannondale, Giant, Scott, Specialized, Trek…), Outdoor Sports companies like VF Corp (The North Face…), Jarden (Marmot, K2, Volkl…), Columbia Sportswear, Amer Sports (Arc’teryx, Salomon…), Wolverine (Merrell, Patagonia..), American Rec, Black Diamond…