The employer for this Human Resources Manager career opportunity is a PE backed, fast growing and leading global brand for shisha/hookah consumables. They are turning a market driven by flavors into one driven by quality and branding.
Reporting to the group Chief Human Resources Officer (overseas), the Human Resources Manager plays a hands-on role providing support to the US team members. The HR Manager plays a hands-on role in performing the full cycle of HR tasks, including recruiting, conducting new hire orientation and onboarding, employee relations, maintaining HR data base, payroll/benefits/leave administration, assigning and monitoring trainings for compliance, performance management, and acquisition integration. The HR Manager is the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. This is a sole contributor role with an executive assistant reporting to HR.
- Perform full cycle of HR tasks covering recruiting/onboarding new talents, maintain HR records, processing payroll, analyzing/integrating disparate HR/payroll/benefit platforms, monitoring compliance and performance management, updating and standardizing employee handbook and US-based policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with department heads and global team to come up with job description and salary bands for every position in the US.
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organization and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative and collaborative approach.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Work with Group HR team and US leadership team on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a multi-site, full-cycle human resources management role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in working with ADP tools.
- Intermediate Excel proficiency.
- Ideally experience in multi-site, collective bargaining environment.
- Ideally experience in acquisition integration.
- Ideally experience in extracting organization from PEO platform.
- Able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner – sense of urgency.
- Exhibit professional behavior and ability to promote positive working relationships.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Director, Human Resources Director, HR Business Partner