Our client for this Senior Global Marketing Manager role is a global beauty group specialized in Perfumes and head quartered in New York City.
The Junior Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for global marketing activities related to brand strategy, brand development and brand management.
Develop strategic brand plans, complete with outlined objectives, strategy and tactics ensuring growth goals are met. In conjunction with Sr Mgr/VP, drive creation of all strategic presentations (i.e. global marketing meetings, sales meetings and seasonal brand presentations to clients, retailers and upper management).
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current global market environment and industry trends across the beauty segment as well as trends in other categories that could be relevant for our business.
Creation of all new fragrance and ancillary concepts aligned with strategic objectives.
- Develop and prepare the creative briefs detailing the objectives, competitive landscape, target demographics and information pertinent to the project.
- Collaborate with in house teams to bring new programs to market; Product Development, Creative, Packaging, Sales as well as Out of house Agencies in the elaboration of new and on-going projects.
- Facilitate the concept-to-market process and manage delivering products on time and within budget.
Lead all aspects of daily Brand Management and Go to Market Initiatives.
- Collaborate with OPM and Sales Team on all product launches with a focus on 360 marketing plans (sampling, comps, merchandising, PR).
- Merchandising – ensuring cohesive in-store presentation for new launches, planograms, in-store event ideas, etc.
- PR – work closely with PR team on short lead and long lead PR outreach including traditional magazines and influencer engagement.
- Stay abreast of new opportunities in Digital space that can be applied to our category for new launch activations.
- Work closely with social team to drive social engagement around the brand including content creation and ensuring local market needs are met.
- Deliver seminar presentations, marketing books, product comps and sell sheets on time for each season.
- Work with cross functional teams to facilitate and track development of pre-production samples for all launches and deliver on time each season.
- Ensure all product comps are available in a timely manner for photo shoots, distributor/retailer needs and presentations.
- Track approval process with Licensor (Fashion House) ensuring approval deadlines are met, approval forms are documented and timelines are followed strictly.
- Coordinate all legal requests for product naming.
- Act as liaison between Creative and Regulatory team to ensure that all artwork needs are met for new product development.
- 3+ years marketing experience, preferably in the prestige cosmetics/fragrance industry.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college/university, MBA is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills. Self-motivated.
- Able to think strategically and creatively, conceptualize and implement new ideas.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with members of cross-functional teams, collaborative mindset.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fragrances.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute
- Appreciated previous titles: Senior Marketing Manager, Group Product Manager, Senior Brand Manager, Marketing Director