Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Logistics Manager (Food Distributor)
Location: City of Industry (Los Angeles area), CA
Industry: Local food distribution
Market: South California
Reporting to: Owner
Direct Reports: team of 5 in warehousing and delivery
Languages: English and French
Salary Range: (USD) Around $90k to $100k in annual base salary
Visa: Must have a valid US work authorization. No sponsorship possible
Job ID: CW23-058
Our client is a small but established food distributor located in the Los Angeles area. Despite its small size, the company has carved a niche for itself by consistently delivering exemplary service and high-quality food products to a variety of clients including hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, and bakeries. The company enjoys a unique blend of diverse food supplies, many of which hail from French suppliers. Amidst the excitement of its success and expansion, the company is experiencing the typical operational growing pains that accompany rapid development.
Objective of the Role
The Logistics Manager will serve as the pivotal force in orchestrating the backend operations to support the ongoing growth. Managing a dedicated team of 5, spanning warehousing to delivery, the Logistics Manager will not only ensure the seamless flow of operations but will act as a direct aide to the owner, facilitating the efficient intersection of client and supplier relationships. This role is particularly geared towards a reliable, rigorous individual adept at daily problem-solving and organizing daily deliveries, ensuring that the symbiotic relationship between the office and the warehouse is well-coordinated and efficient.
The successful candidate will be adept at seamlessly integrating into the operational fabric of the company. They should be fluent in French, given the strong connections with French food suppliers. With a team of 5 to manage, leadership skills are essential, coupled with an aptitude for daily problem solving and an eye for detail to ensure that the warehousing and delivery operations are seamless. A background in the food distribution industry, especially servicing hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, and bakeries, will be highly regarded.
- Entry of daily orders using QuickBooks
- Bridging the gap between the office and warehouse for order management.
- Checking orders and their arrangement by route.
- Preparing the dispatch of orders and route sheets.
- Supervising the receiving of goods and handling claims.
- Managing physical/QB inventory in connection with the warehouse.
- Administrative management of invoicing and statements, sending invoices and statements to a select group of clients.
- Fleet management including trucks and vans for repairs, oil changes, and maintenance.
- Managing warehouse equipment (forklift, freezer, cooler) and checking for necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Experience in logistics or supply chain management, with a preference for candidates familiar with the food distribution sector.
- Fluency in French required to liaise effectively with French suppliers.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills, with a focus on daily operational challenges.
- Ability to work closely with the owner, providing direct support and ensuring seamless client and supplier relationships.
- A proven track record of managing small teams and optimizing operations amidst growing pains.