Our client is a luxury perfumes company with a well-established presence in the North American market, selling through prestigious retailers including Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and Bergdorf Goodman and its own transactional website. The Americas region is the brand’s largest market, representing one-third of global retail sales and more than 40% of net shipments worldwide.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the effective coordination and implementation of all Marketing activity across the Americas region – trade, local and national initiatives – supporting the delivery of innovative programs and assets that help the business build brand awareness and support delivery of commercial goals.
Working in close partnership with the Americas team and HQ Brand & Digital teams, the individual will ensure effective cross-functional planning and communication and the delivery of agreed assets & activities on time, on budget and to the brand’s exacting standards.
- Working in partnership with the Americas General Manager and the HQ Brand & Digital teams, agree and coordinate delivery of an annual calendar of focussed national, local and trade marketing activities which support the brand strategy and delivery of commercial targets
- Gain approval in line with company policy for marketing investment and effectively track investments to ensure the ratio of marketing spend to net sales (for the region and by customer) meets budget targets
- Establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with colleagues across the region and at HQ which position you to ensure the brand’s values and unique identity are consistently and clearly communicated in the Americas region across all mediums
- Support the ASM & Education in maintaining strong and productive working relationships with retail key accounts
- Plan and deliver marketing assets and activities which drive successful marketing campaigns and new product launches in the region, and ensure sales teams are well-equipped and informed to maximize opportunities provided by national retailer events
- Support the retail teams in the development and delivery of an ongoing program of experiential local events which drive sales outside of peak periods driven by holidays, retailer events and CCP’s product launches
- Partner with the Digital team to ensure clivechistian.com, CCP’s social media channels and other digital communications are optimized for the US consumer. Support the US-based influencer strategy as required
- Seeks innovative partnerships in key CCP geographies which provide brand-enhancing opportunities to build brand awareness and drive footfall/traffic
- Provide local coordination as required for retail conferences and major events, and act as a local point-man with any marketing/digital/PR agencies we appoint in the region
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working in a marketing role in the beauty or luxury industry, with a demonstrable understanding of the retail landscape in the region and ability to deliver core marketing services
- Understanding of the USA luxury industry, high-net-worth consumers of luxury goods and services and the drivers of purchase and advocacy of luxury brands
- A clear track record of managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced business
- Strong organizational skills, with experience delivering work within deadlines and agreed budgets
- Proactive approach to planning and problem-solving, able to demonstrate the ability to think creatively and laterally
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop strong working relationships with customers and remote based colleagues
- Strong professional interest in and user of social media and other digital communications
- Spanish language skills an advantage, but not necessary
- Appreciated previous experience: Chanel, Christian Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Coty, Interparfums, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, Puig, Roger & Gallet, YSL, Chanel, L’Oreal
- Appreciated previous titles: Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Marketing Director