Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager – Wines, Spirits & Beer
Location: Miami, FL 33131
Industry: Spirits (some wines and some beers)
Market: US Domestic + rest of the Americas
Channel: One and off trade
Reporting to: Americas Managing Director
Languages: English is a must (Spanish would be a plus)
Salary Range: (USD) $90k-100k base salary
Benefits: 100% paid health insurance – 401k
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: JO-1902-681
Halewood Wines & Spirits has grown from a small a start-up, to becoming the UK’s largest independent drinks manufacturer and distributor by volume. In the last three years, the company has embarked upon a huge transformational change. Investment in production capability, especially distilling, brewing and sourcing, has stimulated development of higher quality products with a point of difference.
The company’s mission is to be a lead incubator of brands with each demonstrating strong provenance, heritage and dedication to quality. The Halewood portfolio consists of several award-winning spirits and beers, including its flagship Whitley Neill Gin that is the best-selling premium gin in the U.K., Pogues Irish Whiskey, Zyr Russian Vodka, Gelston’s Irish Single Malt Whiskey, Marylebone Gin Hawkshead Beer and Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer
In addition to the UK, the company has a fast growing international business. Its products are present in over 100 countries around the world. The company has offices and operates its own distribution network in USA, South Africa, China, Thailand, the Republic of Ireland and Romania
We are looking for a Marketing professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and previous experience in Wines & Spirits in North America, who wants to step up to act as the head of operational marketing for the Americas operations.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Build and manage the Marketing budget for portfolio (trade, digital and PR) and its implementation
- Enable fluid on-the-go budget spend framework informed by real time campaign performance analysis that minimizes ineffective spend and maximizes ROI.
- Manage costs across agencies and technology platform spend.
- Manage marketing ROI by optimizing content and channel marketing investments.
- Weekly reporting to CEO and finance
- Perform monthly industry benchmarks.
- Coordinate new products forecasting (including seasonal products, repacks and reformulations, samples), work closely with inventory management and sales teams
- Coordinating sampling programs, sets and all of the above.
LAUNCHES AND CAMPAIGNS
- Coordinate new product launches with UK headquarters to adapt product to the US market (concept, packaging copy, legal / claims, videos, before and afters).
- Provide pricing analysis, competitive set determination and recommendations
- Create and develop marketing materials and content to support launches in salons and retailers (price lists, fact sheet, sell sheet, training manual, videos, in-store signage, consumer brochures, opening orders etc…)
- Secure additional visibility and brand awareness through PR (pitch, events) and partnerships (influencers, branded partnerships)
- Grow awareness through impactful digital activations and social media presence
EVENTS & EDUCATION
- Support events with marketing materials
- Work closely with the brand ambassadors and PR teams for the development of all training/tasting and brand-related materials (training manuals, service protocol manuals, videos)
- Support the PR agency on new product launches (from event planning to weekly follow ups).
- Interface with Creative, Procurement, Education and Sales teams in all areas to ensure timely launches and sales-driven activations.
- Research competitive activity for new products, consumer usage habits and consumer needs.
- Prepare materials needed for Sales Meetings and Retailer Meetings as well as direct presentations as needed.
- Minimum 7 years of experience ideally in Wines, Spirits or Beer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Highly creative, adaptable, and professional.
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Strong analytical skills. Extremely detail oriented and able to prioritize work flow
- Strong MS Office & PowerPoint skills
- Travel as needed
- Spanish is a plus
- Appreciated previous experience: William Grant, Edrington, Beam Suntory, Botran, Flor de Cana, Marie Brizard, Diageo, Bacardi, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Brown Forman and Moet Hennessy
- Appreciated previous titles: Senior Marketing Manager, Sr Brand Manager, Marketing Director, Product Manager