Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Merchandising & Demand Planning Analyst – Fine Jewelry
Location: New York, NY 10022
Industry: Luxury Goods / Fine Jewelry
Market: US market
Reporting to: Product and Merchandising Manager
Salary Range: (USD) $85k annual base salary
Benefits: Health + Retirement benefits
Visa: No visa sponsorship possible. Must have a valid US work authorization
Job ID: JO-2012-847
Our client is a very high end fine Jewelry brand with their US headquarters in NYC.
Help increase stores profit potential. Analyze risks and opportunities of stores inventories and propose inventory allocations. Provide data and valuable insights to help attain or surpass company’s targets.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Product and Merchandising Manager
- Align with London HQ to develop merchandising strategies
- Build and maintain a merchandising planning calendar that identifies all key seasonal priorities
- Allocate and balance merchandise according to historic sales, market needs, marketing initiatives
- Prepare reports to identify commercial risks and opportunities in both product and store dimensions.
- Align proposals with Product and Merchandising Manager to ensure optimal display stock is not affected.
- Provide recommendation for new store opening back stock, based on the analysis of the location profile and align with display stock
- Identify areas of concern that need attention and provide relevant analysis and proposed action steps.
- Communicate with sales staff/stores to identify current and future needs
- Analyze and monitor competition and report to management on findings about competitors pricing, activities and initiatives
- Responsible for watch needs: allocation, requests, tracking, repairs/customer service
- Responsible for international shipping, monitoring TIB deadlines
- Co-manage monthly stock takes with merchandising coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field with 1 to 3 years related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of high end retail
- Jewelry and merchandising background
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise in Excel
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Effective at time management and organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and flexible
- Strong inter-personal skills and decision making capabilities
- Able to accurately analyze historical data and forecast emerging trends
- GIA graduate a plus
- Appreciated previous experience: Boucheron, Buccellati, Bulgari, Cartier, Chopard, FRED, Graff, Harry Winston, Mikimoto, Piaget, Tiffany, Van Cleef & Arpels
- Appreciated previous titles: Demand Planning Analyst, Merchandising Analyst