Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Merchandising Director (Beauty Ecommerce)
Location: Miramar, FL
Alternate location: (could also be NYC for the right candidate)
Reporting to: SVP
Direct Reports: team of brand relations and planning specialists
Salary Range: (USD) $150k to $160k base salary + Bonus + options
Visa: MUST have a valid US work permit. No sponsorship possible
Job ID: JO-2106-899
Our client is an established beauty subscription based company.
We are looking for a hardworking and strategic Director of Merchandising, who will be a key member of the leadership team driving the company into its next stage of growth!
You will focus on furthering the company’s mission to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty by developing, owning and executing our Merchandising strategy. You will also be tasked with developing and communicating a merchandising vision, monitoring the competitive landscape, working closely with our Consumer Insights team to conduct market research related to the company’s product assortment, and working closely with the Director of Brand Partnerships and Planning to delight our 1M+ members monthly.
We are looking for a merchandising professional coming from beauty, and ideally with a solid experience in ecommerce.
- Develop The Company’s merchandising vision and communicating that vision with leadership
- Delight the brand community by evolving the merchandising strategy to align with shifting trends and member sentiment
- Partner with the Brand Partnerships team to get the best brands and products to our members
- Keep senior management informed of merchandising strategies, wins, and challenges
- Partner with Head of different membership businesses to deliver product COGs targets and ideal merchandise assortment to deliver a delightful and personalized experience
- Ensure a personalized member experience by ensuring thoughtful inputs for the brand’s personalization process
- Ensuring the best education/information is shared with our members
- Lead a team of merchants with expertise in color, tools, skincare, and haircare categories. Coach them to excellence
- Expand into new merchandise categories as the company evolves the business
- Bachelor’s degree required and an MBA from a premier school preferred
- 10+ years of direct work experience
- 3+ years as a Director with experience as either a Divisional Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising is a requirement. Beauty merchandising experience required
- Experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and finding opportunities, and developing strategic insights
- You have extraordinary organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines).
- Excellent work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Confirmed ability to work within a dynamic, startup environment. Stays calm and collected under pressure, while making quick decisions
- Excellent business discernment and quantitative skills
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- You have strong social skills; excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- You have a real passion for beauty and our mission
- Previous appreciated experience: L’Oreal, Lancome, Coty, BPI, Beaute Prestige International, LVMH, Parfums Christian Dior, InterParfums, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Puig
- Previous appreciated title: Director of Merchandising, Merchandising Manager, VP of Merchandising