Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Property Manager (Industrial Real Estate)
Location: Miami, FL 33131, USA
Industry: Real Estate
Market: South Florida
Reporting to: Regional Director
Languages: English only (Spanish would be a plus)
Salary Range: (USD) $70k base salary
Visa: No Sponsorship available
Job ID: JO-2009-816
Remote work policy:
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Our client for this home based Property Manager career opportunity is a leading operator, developer and owner of industrial real estate.
Under general supervision, manages daily operation of assigned properties. Maintains properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance. Responsible for administrative activities such as completing lease paperwork, maintaining property records, preparing routine reports, tracking and processing accounting data, and processing work orders.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance. Researches various vendors to assess price and quality. Collects bids from contractors and prepares service contracts. Collects insurance certificates from vendors.
- Establishes and maintains tenant relationships. Answers tenant phone calls, letters, and requests for information and repairs. Visits tenants when on-site. Refers tenants to vendors when appropriate.
- Assists in negotiating maintenance contracts with vendors. Receives and reviews bids to ensure appropriate level of service.
- Responsible for administrative activities such as completing lease paperwork, maintaining property records, preparing routine reports, processing accounting data, and processing work orders.
- Assists in the preparation of property budgets for income, maintenance, and repair. Enters new acquisitions and annual property budgets into database. Assists in compilation of annual budget book.
- Assists in preparation of leases, abstracts, amendments, and related correspondence during negotiation of leases. Assists in final walk-throughs of expiring tenants, preparing required forms, and other related activities.
- Responsible for accounting functions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable. In doing so, reviews, codes, and processes invoices for payment, ensures vendors are paid, collects past due rent payments, answers accounting questions from tenants and corporate, and so forth.
- Prepares annual reconciliation of common area maintenance charges and real estate taxes for each tenant accounts and attempts to secure payment. Mails letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts. Confers with customers in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment.
- Remains cognizant of significant trends and developments in field by monitoring competitor activities and products, trade magazines and associations, and feedback from customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
- Knowledge of facilities and properties management at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business or property management.
- Approximately one to two years related experience in order to gain knowledge of property management, leases, vendors, and tenant relations.
- Good interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Good written communication skills including ability to prepare accurate and appropriate documentation and to review, proofread, and check documentation for accuracy.
- Computer skills necessary to enter and manipulate words and data and use standard microcomputer-based software to communicate with others, prepare documentation, and/or analyze data.
- Internal Contacts: Accounting staff regarding accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budget variance.
- External Contacts: Vendors regarding repairs or maintenance at the properties; tenants to answer questions and solve problems.