The employer for this Public Relations / PR Specialist job opportunity is a successful family owned wines, spirits and beer company from the UK. After having been established for decades, the recent management has been able to trigger a very fast growth especially in their home market. Now they are ready to really invest in the US and the rest of the Americas. They are now in the process of building a team around the appointed Managing Director.
The Public Relations / PR Specialist will develop relations and interface with multiple public relations agencies and when appropriate will act as the corporate spokesperson to the media, beverage trade and the general public. The role requires strategic development of consumer & trade PR campaigns, as well as hands-on execution. The successful candidate will establish and reinforce brand image, generate media exposure and support marketing and/or sales initiatives for the company’s portfolio as well as support the launch of new products, introduce line extensions and reposition heritage brands.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights
- Work closely with the brand manager to develop creative and integrated programs to support product introductions and convey new brand stories.
- Generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels
- Work with brand managers, wineries and PR agencies to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions
- Help to leverage key media coverage internally through field sales
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media briefings with key winery spokespeople
- Establish PR objectives and feed into brand plans
- Work with brand managers to establish, and assure adherence to, budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on public relations matters
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications (MA optional)
- 2-3 years’ strong public relations experience, must be in the wine industry
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc.
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written/editing communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and manage teams
- Appreciated previous experience: William Grant, Edrington, Beam Suntory, Botran, Flor de Cana, Marie Brizard, Monarq, Camus, Jose Garcia Carrion (Diageo, Bacardi, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Brown Forman and Moet Hennessy only if you have a real entrepreneurial mindset)
- Appreciated previous titles: PR Specialist, Public Relations Specialist, PR Manager, Public Relations Manager