|Job Title||Regional Director – Travel Retail|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33126, US|
|Industry||Travel Retail Operator / Duty Free Retailer|
|Channel||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $130k base|
|Benefits||Health Insurance, 401k etc...|
Our client for this Regional Director – Travel Retail role is an international Travel Retailer with an office in Miami for the Americas and managing stores in Airports and on Cruise Ships.
The Regional Director – Travel Retail supports and leads a variety of strategic efforts inclusive of playing a pivotal role in building annual/long-term strategic plans for the company, Inc. This position is crucial to the business’s ability to establish its short, medium, and long-term plans in a highly dynamic travel retail industry.
The Regional Director – Travel Retail partners closely with the Director of Corporate Strategy & Business Development, and shares responsibility for the development and oversight of the business’s corporate strategies in order to support growth objectives while strengthening the business core to develop and maintain a competitive advantage.
This position plays a key role in strategy formulation, collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders, and leads cross-functional teams in the development of business-wide operational strategies.
- Create and implement business expansion strategies based on accurate market analysis including full financial analysis and business development framework across the Americas region.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and execute critical strategic priorities and action plans through long-term business planning and performance management
- Continuously challenge the existing status quo, and initiate change outside the current business function, supportive to the overall business growth.
- Build strong relationships with involved stakeholders (airports, cruise liners, other internal departments, etc.) and retain a high level of professionalism in doing project management and retail architectural design.
- Partner with the Director of Corporate Strategy & Business Development to facilitate informed decision-making and strategy formulation by highlighting potential risks, including presentation to the Board, when necessary.
- Develop the innovation hub for the region to accelerate, promote and foster innovative concepts, to adapt and enhance our business models, also by seeking investments from accelerators or alternative financial sources.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in strategy management role for travel retail, retail or consultancy experience.
- Demonstrated success to drive growth in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgment
- Ability to collaborate and partner to work with stakeholders in terms of communication, decision making and conflict management
- Ability to navigate complex business topics
- Ability to constantly challenge the status quo
- Ability to think strategically with a global mindset
- Creative, energetic and resourceful self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Appreciated previous roles: Sr Area Sales Manager, Area Director, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Sales Director
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s