Our client for this Regional Manager North America Travel Retail job opportunity is a very well known international spirit brand.
Build on the solid business foundation we have with our key customers in the region/channel through day to day management of existing Travel Retail accounts in North America. Upweight the representation with our customers to drive further profitable growth, especially with the recent acquisitions/volume-growth and the shifting regional Travel Retail dynamics. Crucial to this role is maintaining key relationships and facilitating the delivery of successful outcomes.
- Customer Relationship: Manage a smooth day-to-day relationship with our key customers. Always add value to the business partnership through constructive actions and clear communication.
- Execution and Negotiation: Make sure yearly plans and quarterly reviews are translated into operation. Execution of excellence of all national and regional agreements inclusive of instore visibility, product placement, pricing, rang and promotional activity. Negotiation of additional sales drivers and stronger brand building activity, within budget.
- Business Planning: Provide inputs contributing to the yearly budget definition, quarterly reviews and ultimately the mid-long term business plans. Formulate and execute a tight strategy to deliver to the plans. Eyes and ears on the ground for progress reports, additional opportunities and threats to achieving.
- Data Analysis and presentation: Analysis of sales/depletions data from multiple sources. Construction and presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for sales forecasting into Group’s demand planning tool (APO).
- Creative Thinking: Provide solutions to overcome challenges. Thinking outside the box to deliver opportunities for future positive growth and add value to the business relationship.
- Knowledge Bank: Knowledge and understanding of the current customer’s retail environment. Insights on shopper behavior, brand/product performance and merchandising opportunity at the point of purchase (Travel Retail). Share ongoing learning with the team to help provide stronger offerings to grow the business.
- Brand Ambassador: Acquire in-depth understanding and knowledge of the brands, shopper need and the categories. Impart this knowledge and enthusiasm into the front line sales force on a regular basis also through the organization and deployment of staff trainings.
- Minimum 6 years of Sales experience within the spirits industry (preferred) or within FMCG, with at least 3 years in Travel Retail
- Experience in management of a group of accounts or Key buying group (on/off)
- Has been exposed to Trade Marketing, Brand Activation activities or Customer Marketing
- Track record of developing effective business relationships
- Experience in working remotely/self-management
- International mindset with exposure to different cultures
- University Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, The Edrington Group, Patron, Southern Wines & Spirits
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager