The employer for this unique Senior Ecommerce Operations Manager career opportunity is a PE backed, fast growing and leading global brand for shisha/hookah consumables. They are turning a market driven by flavors into one driven by quality and branding.
As they expand their footprint in the US, they’re looking for someone to lead operations and procurement with direct responsibility for driving best-in-class digital consumer experiences in E-Commerce. This is a role with tremendous impact on the short and long term success of the US organization and will be highly visible within the global organization. As they pivot to eCommerce as their future growth engine, they’re keen to bring on-board someone with a track record of success and a passion for developing the Shisha category online by sourcing and procuring the best in class products around the world for sale to their consumers in the US.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the B2C and B2B business to ensure that products are continuously replenished for sale, orders are fulfilled in a timely manner and KPIs and quality controls are monitored
- Work with warehouse leads, fulfilment teams, customer service on continuous improvement to drive greater integration and efficiencies
- Collaborate with the digital team on upcoming sale events
- Responsible for the end-to-end cycle of product procurement and sourcing, negotiation with vendors, payments and shipment for the online business – both B2C and B2B
- Responsible for demand forecasting based on current sellout data and time in transit for products
- Responsible for maintaining the overall pricing of the products to maintain expected gross margins across the business
- Ensure the proper financial controls are in place in the procurement cycle
- Constantly on the lookout for new products in the Shisha category and acquiring them for sale
- Maintain the master data of all products listed in our digital platforms
- 5-10+ years’ experience in operations and non-production spend management, with a proven track record of success in the FMCG/CPG industry
- Growth-focused mindset, with a passion for finding creative new ways to drive outperformance through better wholesale pricing or volume
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of building strong working relationships and motivating people and teams that are cross-functional and multi-level.
- Track record of success with organizational change and systemic culture shifts accompanied with internal stakeholder partnerships.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to be a leader in leveraging new and existing technologies and systems to accelerate growth, profitability and reliability.
- Hands on manager with a strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
- Strong process orientation, strategic mindset and experience in planning and managing relationships with agencies, third party developers and internal stakeholders
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: Ecommerce Operations Manager