IDEAL JOB FOR A NEW YORK BASED EXECUTIVE INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO MIAMI.
Our client for this opportunity is a very famous luxury watch brand, part of a leading luxury & fashion group, with an office in Miami in charge of LATAM, Caribbean and US domestic markets.
The mission is mostly to develop the existing accounts after the company has reduced the number of doors for a better focus on the most strategic ones. You will be expected to coordinate the existing partnership with the Mexican distributor, to develop sales in the most important countries in South America, and as importantly to lead the key account management of some very strategic retailers in the US. Expectations are high. Expectations are high.
- Drives wholesale sales in a defined territory and promotes sell-thru of the product at retail channels in order to achieve annual targets.
- Ensures each point of sales and the e-commerce meet brand POS, sales associate training and merchandising standards.
- Ensures that the sales mix, distribution and manner in which the timepieces are sold are in accordance with the strategy and sales and marketing philosophy of the brand.
- Coordinate all business, sales & marketing, supply and reporting topics with the US-based teams and if needed, with the HQ of the brand based in Switzerland
- Negotiate, design and implement trade & marketing activities to develop sales and brand image
The ideal profile for this Sr Area Sales Manager position is an international business development manager with experience in luxury goods ideally watches, but not necessarily (Richemont, Tag Heuer, LVMH, Swatch Group, fashion, jewelry, L’Oreal, beauty industry…). You need to be self-driven, entrepreneurial, ambitious, able to deal with ambiguity. And if you love watches and always wanted to move to the real luxury industry, now is a good time!
- Achieves annual sales targets, (i.e. sell-in and sell-thru) by focusing on creating adapted assortment per door, monitoring inventory levels, analyzing sales and stock of the retailers to suggest replenishment orders or to propose amendments to orders received.
- Regularly visits the markets. Prepare action plans, conduct negotiations, implement activities with a focus on the excellence in execution
- Coordinates local promotions, events and training sessions.
- Ensures that all accounts meet merchandising & real estate requirements as defined by the brand.
- Implement sales incentives programs and trains sales associates to enhance brand & product knowledge and maximize sell-thru.
- Maintains regular contact with retailer principals.
- Manages annual co-op budget – allocates resources to accounts to maximize sell thru.
- Follows-up on implementation of marketing program during each visit
- Is responsible for contracting, for cash collection and contacts customers directly regarding past due accounts.
- Reports regularly on market conditions, competition activities and distribution changes.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to execution & analytics
- Solid experience required in sales (sell-in and sell-thru) within North America and in Latin America
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Appreciated previous experience: Breitling, Cartier, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Longines, LVMH, Montblanc, Panerai, Patek Philippe, Richemont, Rolex, Swatch, Tag Heuer, Zenith, L’Oreal, Estee Lauder, LVMH