Our client for this Sr Design & Project Manager role is an international Travel Retailer with an office in Miami for the Americas and managing stores in Airports and on Cruise Ships.
The Senior Design & Project Manager will be the dedicated to produce and oversee the design of cutting edge retail concepts and manage store construction & on-going maintenance projects shipboard retail architecture projects, which include facilitating design tasks, bid solicitation and management, design optimization analysis, providing technical advice for architecture concepts, and all other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Job Description Design Conceptualization
Design and oversee new store concept designs or adaptation of the brand to local environments:
- Work with the in-house departments such as Business Development, Purchasing and Operations to understand the needs of the local markets and utilizing the various consumer and market research.
- Based on this research, produce cutting edge store concept design ideas and accompanying visuals.
- Co-ordination and enforcement of the company’s requirements with the designers/architects of high-quality brands.
- Briefing, appointment and co-ordination of external design agencies and architects for various stages of design; concept designs and design development.
- Assist in the production of tender documentation, relating to design, for international bids as and when required.
- Ability to design store layouts, elevations & fixtures
- Further development, adaptation and optimization of completed store concepts
- To create and maintain standards and guidelines for the various concepts & completed projects (Brand identity, design drawings, fixture library etc.)
- Evaluation of all design, construction and project management cost components related to the project.
To ensure the smooth delivery of store construction projects, through efficient planning and project management
- Project managing from conception to completion.
- Overseeing tender processes, award of designers, consultancy firms, vendors and contractors.
- Contract negotiations with contractors and contract preparation
- To liaise with landlords and landlord’s consultants to deliver a project according to the landlord’s fit out guidelines and the company’s approved plans.
- Scheduling design & construction projects to meet required timescales.
- Cost & Change Management: Cost planning & cost control; Change management
- On & off-site project management of construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field is required; a Master’s Degree in Architecture or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience (ideally in design & management of retail projects)
- Adept in the following computer software:
- CAD Programs (Archicad 13, AutoCad etc)
- Sketch Up
- Photo Shop
- Power Point
- Proven experience in the field of architecture
- Portfolio of retail space projects
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting process and allocation of budget for retail build outs
- Knowledge of project planning and time line implementation
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to multi-task under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Has an excellent written and communication skill in English
- Experience in managing and controlling of external agencies
- Is Spatial perception, quick learner and possesses problem solving skills
- Has self-confidence and high degree of independence
- Is assertive, cooperative and task-related flexibilityStrong technical knowledge of ArchiCad, Artlantis, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and MS Project.
- 3D modeling/rendering software knowledge a plus. Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Appreciated previous roles: Commercial Designer, Store Designer, Commercial Interior Design, Merchandising Design Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s