Our client for this Senior VP position of fine wine is an international leading group in wine & spirits. The group is structuring a new fine wine division who needs a new leader! The fine wine portfolio is comprised of some strong, some declining and some very high end brands.
Build and grow the fine wine business to achieve the goal of doubling the size of the business by 2025 through organic and M&A driven growth. Refine the vision and strategy for building and growing the business and to establish category leading capabilities in brand building, general and brand management and omni-channel commercial capabilities across DTC e-commerce, DTC hospitality, 3-tier e-commerce and wholesale sales. Collaborate with cross functional areas including: winemaking, innovation/growth, operations, corporate strategy and corporate communications.
We need a true brand builder who knows how to sell! This is like a true CEO position for someone who knows how to manage by influence in a matrix organization with some direct and many dotted line reports. The right candidate doesn’t have to come from wine & spirits. A previous CEO, CMO or head of sales position with a strong premium brand can work too, as long as there is a strong personal interest in the fine wine category.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with MBA strongly preferred
- A significant track record of brand building and commercial high-performance, with P&L accountability in the Wine, Spirits or adjacent industries with a luxury focus
- Ability to effectively identify and address complex and complicated opportunities and issues with executive and management teams and among external influencers
- A significant track record of success in setting and executing strategy, operations, brand, product, omni-channel sales, hospitality and customer service via high performing teams
- Experience identifying, onboarding and integrating M&A targets preferred
- Previous appreciated experience: Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Moet Hennessy, Remy Cointreau, Bacardi, E&J Gallo, Constellation Brands, Trinchero Family Estates, Treasury Wine Estate, The Wine Group, Bronco Wine Company, Accolade Wines. But also: Luxury Goods, fashion, beauty, watches & Jewelry, luxury cars, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal, LVMH, Kering, Richemont, Swatch Group…
- Previous appreciated titles: CEO / Chief Executive Officer, CMO Chief Marketing Officer, General Manager, VP Sales, VP Marketing