|Job Title||Store Manager – NYC Iconic Retailer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York City, NY|
|Relocation||Relocation package to be negotiated|
|Industry||Iconic Flagship Retail Store (contact us for the category)|
|Reporting to||Flagship General Manager|
|Reports||Retail staff of about 100 people total|
|Visa||No sponsorship available|
A word from our client:
“We are famous. Known worldwide and the best store in the world. As Store Manager, your primary objective is to support and enable our store team to deliver an experience that is both memorable and profitable.
This balance of creating a unique instore experience with a strong commercial drive is key.
You get a ‘buzz’ from being in a retail space. The hours are long, you’ll be working weekends so you need to be energized by this kind of environment.
You need be happy working at pace, when we move we do it fast! Change is also a constant. We are trying out new ideas and ways of working all the time. Vendors change, the industry evolves constantly so this needs to excite you.
Creating a collaborative coaching culture comes naturally to you. Conversations about performance happen in the moment. As Store Manager, its important you spend time in store with your leaders coaching and developing them regularly. You set the direction and seek out opportunities to reinforce what’s working well and what can change.”
- Lead the overall strategy and operations of the flagship store, ensuring that the entire business is running productively and professionally.
- Identify, plan, manage, implement, and evaluate cross-functional business improvement projects relating to retail systems, processes, and procedures.
- Production of functional support materials and processes to facilitate our flagship store and global expansion.
- Develop and maintain store P&L
- Manage Store staffing plans to ensure the store is fully staffed in line with traffic and seasonal predictions including the management of absence
- Work closely with the Corporate Head of Retail, Head of Merchandising, Head of Visualising, and Head of Operations to deliver a seamless look and feel in the store that exceeds customer expectations and attracts the most influential brands to what to be part of the store
- Team onboarding plans – working with the HR specialist to plan, recruit and train new members to the team
- Sales, brand experience and product knowledge training – a 12-month plan of development for each role within the store to maintain high standards of customer care and sales skills
- Role development and succession planning
- Leadership of the store management team including;
- regular performance reviews
- objective setting
- and role development to continuously develop and improve the leadership of the store and the team
- Coaching of the store leadership team to calibrate the leadership approach and maintain high standards of service and sales excellence
- Actively drive Omni channel sales in all areas of the business, working with Sales Managers and leads to build and grow effective teams that are maximizing results.
- Ensure strong commerciality in decision making within the day to day running of the store
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Be agile and adaptable and work at pace when needed to meet the ever-changing needs of the store, the team and the customers
- Ensure that everyone on the team is consistently delivering a world-class sales experience through;
- effective product demonstrations that bring alive products and inspire customers to buy
- engaging customer interactions ensuring every customer leaves with a lasting memory and souvenir of their visit
- Professional personal shopping experience that stands out from the crowd
- Continuous evolution of the unique brand ‘experiences’ within store.
- Initiate and lead business change efforts to achieve maximize desired revenue and payroll results
- Develop and trial new revenue opportunities within the store that enhance the overall brand experience and create revenue
- Work with closely with marketing to maximise social media and PR opportunities
Delivering a world class Customer Experience
- Ensure a consistent Omni channel shopping experience for all customers.
- Establish the highest level of customer experience by setting expectations of excellence in the;
- Execution of store standards
- Product demonstrations
- Personal shopping
- Marketing and events
- Community partnerships
- Exclusive flagship experiences
- profound knowledge of our products and the brand.
- The ability to lead people in an ever-changing retail space where the entire team need to be ‘on’ 100% of the time
- Proven results through a coaching led culture
- Naturally collaborate in leadership style
- Assertive and able to have tough conversations at all levels of leadership, positively challenge ideas and support with other options
- Creativity and passion to bring alive the most toy store in the world every single day
- Deliver strong sales results in a business with high footfall in a prime City Center location
- Exceptional commercial acumen and the ability to analyse store metrics and data and use this insight to adapt and flex the leadership approach to maximise revenue
- Lead and motivate a retail leadership team working over a variety of shift patterns 7 days a week
- Experience of Flagship Store Management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create presentations, supporting spreadsheets, and simple clear working documents to be shared across the leadership and store team to;
- propose new ideas
- update the store team on performance and plans
- Communication change efficiently and effectively
- Engage and motivate
- Inform with clarity and precision
- The ability to create a retail store P&L
- Experience with retail POS Systems and operations and the management of an operational leadership team in store
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in business, retail management or related and equivalent experience recommended
- At least 5+ years of strong retail leadership experience in a high profile, big-box, or multi-unit setting
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Director, Head of Retail, VP of Retail, Director of Stores, VP of Retail Operations, Regional Director, Director of Retail Operations, Regional Retail Director, District Manager.