Title: Trade Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Direct Reports: none
Industry: Travel Retail
Product Categories: Wines & Spirits
Location: Miami, FL
Compensation: $80k base + Bonus
Job ID: 114
Our client for this opportunity is the regional office for Travel Retail in the Americas of a large international Wines & Spirits group.
Work closely with the Marketing Director on analysing the Global Travel Retail business landscape and giving his/her input on the development of specific Duty Free initiatives in line with each Brand’s global strategies. Manage the planning and execution of regional marketing programs and events, acts as a bridge between the Brands and the commercial team and gets involved in multiple activities from the creation of Brand Plans to its execution in the filed.
The ideal profile for this role is a marketing professional with experience in Travel Retail/ Duty Free and/or Wine & Spirits (ideally both). If no experience in W&S, other categories in TR could work such as Fragrance & Cosmetics, Watches & Jewelry, Tobacco, Confectionery…
With the Customers:
- Manage day-to-day relationship with Customer Marketing teams, to build and negotiate annual promotional calendars per brand.
- Design and implement innovative promotions in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the promotion’s effectiveness.
- Train Customer staff in brands and programs.
- Present Brand innovations and programs obtaining premium space.
With the Brands:
- Participate in the development of briefings on Brands (products, gift packs, merchandising tools, training tools…).
- Operational follow up of these projects with the GTR Trade Marketing Director based in HQ.
With the Sales Force:
- Build annual marketing calendar per customer/brand.
- Operational follow up of the implementation of promotional activities and advertising in coordination with the Sales Force (quantitative and qualitative feedbacks).
- Communicate strategies and key tools to Sales Force.
- Preparing presentations within the review meetings, brand summits and others…
- Responsibility for managing the A&P Budget of your brands.
- Manages marketing activities for a broad portfolio of premium spirit brands in Duty Free in The Americas.
- Manage several Design, Production, Promotional, Marketing and PR agencies.
- Utilizes existing tools to review the marketing plans of each member of the commercial team to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines per marketing discipline for each brand. Periodically monitors the execution of the marketing plans with commercial reps. and ensures adequate use of budget. Assists the commercial team to ensure correct implementation of the planned activations.
- Establishes a productive relationship with the commercial team to gather data and assess the results of commercial and marketing activities implemented, such as the success of new product introductions and promotions being held through ROI and qualitative analysis.
- Creates a healthy relationship with several brand representatives and marketing counterparts in different continents to understand brand strategies, expectations, targeted retail prices, potential of new products, information needs… Works to adapt the strategies to the market and deliver above expectations.
- Helps to disseminate information to the commercial team pertaining to launches, limited editions, promotional packs, GWPs,… Utilizes existing tools to gather quantities and place orders with the brands respecting deadlines and complying with internal processes.
- Utilizes the POS database to keep track of pricing issues, use of current brand visuals, analyze distribution of your Brands and competitors,… Works closely with I.T. to identify potential improvements and data needs to allow the user to adequately use the tool and exploit its capabilities.
- Intervenes in the required transactions to plan, order, receive and distribute material developed by external suppliers, such as transparencies, personalized fixtures, GWPs and collateral merchandising materials
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Travel Retail Marketing.
- Must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. He/she will deal with a vast volume of data that will have to be manipulated and presented in a manner that simplifies the decision-making process.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish productive relationships with the commercial team and peers in the office, brand representatives, and clients and external suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and be self-reliant. The candidate will work on several projects at the same time and must perform in a highly productive corporate environment.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- Appreciated previous experience:゠Alexander James, Bacardi, Bavaria, Camus, Corona, Heineken, Budweiser, Miller lite, Beam, Belvedere, Camus, Cape Mentelle, Chandon, Ciroc, Chateau d’Yquem, Cloudy Bay Vineyards, Coors, Diageo, Dom Perignon, Domecq, Glenmorangie, Hennessy, Krug, LVMH, Mercier, Moet, MountAdam, Pernod, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Remy Martin, Ruinart, Southern Wine & Spirits, Veuve Clicquot, William Grant & Sons…
- Appreciated previous titles: Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Brand Manager
How To Apply
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment