Our client for this US Managing Director is a very fast growing mass market personal care company headquartered overseas. They have entered the US market in 2019 and have already reached $50Mio in sales.
Initially working with a distributor, they are now transitioning to go to market directly with their own salesforce. Their key accounts are CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta, as well as Amazon and their own DTC website.
- Actively participate in building a strategic plan for the upcoming years with the Global CEO
- Lead the company’s transition from using distributors to going directly to key accounts.
- Help opening new large mass retailers, while developing sales with existing accounts including online.
- Structure the company’s operations currently spread out with marketing in LA, while sales and operations are more in the NYC area or East Coast.
We are looking for a senior omnichannel executive, ideally with a strong previous background as a VP Sales and strong experience in dealing with the same accounts (CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta…). The right candidate will also be coming from the beauty / personal care industry and be based either in NYC or LA, while being available to travel easily between the two offices.
- 15 years experience in health and beauty (skincare, soap, haircare, sunscreen, self tanning, oralcare, cosmetics…
- At least 5 years as a VP Sales on the US market for some of the key accounts (Walgreens, CVS, Target, Ulta…)
- Strong P&L experience
- Ability travel 30% across the US and in particular between NYC and LA.
- Appreciated previous titles: General Manager, Managing Director, Country Manager, COO, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Sales & Marketing, CEO, Chief Executive Officer