Our client for this opportunity is a fast growing premium spirit brand (Mezcal).
The US Sales Director will be responsible for overall sales and marketing management, management of distributors and trade channels, co-development and implementation of the commercial and marketing plan, planning, analysis and control of the business and brands.
We are looking for a strong sales executive from the Spirits industry with nationwide experience in dealing with distributors and key accounts on- and off-premise.
Job Description Manage Importer/Distributor
- Build excellent relationships and work closely with importer/distributor marketing, sales and promotional personnel, to ensure the effective execution of marketing plans and the achievement of established sales goals.
- Develop pricing and discount strategy in line with brand positioning and plan.
- Work with importer/distributor staff and the trade to educate them on our brands, to ensure their understanding of our brands and strategies, and to maximize their attention to our brands.
- Create framework for full importer/distributor accountability through agreed upon marketing & sales plans; conduct review meetings to evaluate brand performance against objectives and to recommend improvements.
- Interface with distributor trade marketing and sales team to facilitate implementation of marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade.
- Ensure product and channel strategies are executed; ensures compliance,
- Monitor inventory level of product and POS to avoid out-of-stocks. Ensures demand planning is timely and accurate.
- Conduct trade research and gap analysis, evaluating sales and trade data and reports, including competitive activity.
- Develop strategic alliances to enhance sales, profitability and brand presence.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with Importer/Distributor and CEO.
- Develop & execute distribution strategy, commercial plans and growth drivers in line with brand strategy.
- Develop merchandising and point of sale programs and guidelines.
- Co-develop and implement brand plans to deliver annual goals, in terms of share, volume, revenue, contribution, distribution and pricing.
- Promotions, especially on-premise, will be an important element in the development of the company’s brands. The Commercial Director will supervise promotions to ensure effective implementation of promotional activity and adherence to brand positioning guidelines.
- Co-develop & execute experiential programs for consumers, bartenders and trade, including drinks strategy.
- Conduct pre & post promotion/event ROI analysis.
- Monitor marketing and operational expense budgets to within agreed levels of spend. Ensure proper control.
- Develop and maintain effective personal relationships with key trade customers, including distributors, wholesalers, retailers, bar suppliers and on-premise accounts.
- Develop plans to motivate key on and off-premise accounts to purchase and promote company brands; ensure proper shelf management and adherence to
- Monitor accounts sold and distribution levels regularly to ensure achievement of brand goals.
- Monitor trade inventory levels of product and POS to eliminate out-of-stocks.
- Provide leadership, internally across the organization and externally with the importer/distributor personnel, by setting example, providing guidance and inspiring all key stakeholders.
- Train and develop reports on company WOW, performance expectations and KPI’s, to achieve their full potential.
- Maintain a regular reporting procedure to the CEO, including, but not limited to:
- Performance versus plan (sales, marketing expenditures, pricing)
- Distribution and key account performance and relationships
- Competitive activity
- Changes in the market environment
- Assist the CEO with information and other special projects as required.
- Allocate over 50% of time out of the office/home, in the market.
- Proven ability and experience in the sales, marketing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods.
- At least 10 years sales/marketing experience; minimum 2-3 years with beverage alcohol products.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage market/industry.
- Knowledge of distribution channels, and experience in managing distributors.
- University qualifications in business/marketing.
- Must be able to travel and dedicate evenings to on-premise work.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc.
- Appreciated previous titles: Commercial Director, Sales Director, VP of Sales, Business Development Director