The company is based in Maine and will NOT consider full remote position.
The ideal candidate could be based in the Boston or New York area, commuting 2-3 days each week or every other week. Travel expenses can be discussed.
Our client is confidential for this search.
The VP of Ecommerce is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including performance marketing, business planning, strategy, analysis, and sales. You excel within the world of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), email marketing and affiliate programs. There is a strong focus on Direct-to-Consumer (DTC).
This individual will set his / her Performance Marketing / Ecommerce team (possibly IT included depending on profile). The team is expected to be 4-6 people within 12 months.
A great candidate is an individual who would have the following background:
- Have worked in an agency selling Digital Advertising
- Have worked on the corporate side buying advertising services
- Proven record on growing DTC / ecomm business
- Responsible for topline growth with a focus on SEO, SEM, paid advertising, programmatic affiliate programs and lead generation.
- Orchestrate all aspects of a strategic ecommerce plan; combine existing expertise in sales, marketing, technology, and management to deliver a superior brand and shopping experience for all customers.
- Manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development in conjunction with the Marketing team, checkout funnel, and promotional campaigns.
- Participate in building and directing a team of ecommerce professionals that can effectively help develop and execute creative ecommerce solutions.
- Direct integrated campaigns that will deliver an increase in conversion rates, overall order size, and managing margin performance across a variety of product lines.
- Develop and forecast quarterly targets and inventory to meet our financial and operational goals. Closely monitor plan performance and drive any necessary changes to meet or exceed targets.
- Ongoing reporting and analysis on Amazon advertising campaigns with recommendations for optimization.
- Report on business trends and provide insights and recommendations to senior management team on how to further maximize results for our eCommerce business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing, or relevant field, required.
- Proven track record within ecommerce, required.
- Strong experience with SEO, SEM, affiliates, and email marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technologies and tactics.
- Ability to communicate and transfer technical knowledge to others in various forms (presentations, written reports, training, SOPs, etc.).
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Appreciated previous titles: VP of Ecommerce, Ecommerce Director, VP of Digital, Digital Director, Head of DTC