Job Status: Open
Job Title: VP of Finance & Operations (Beauty Products)
Location: Tampa Bay area, FL
Industry: Beauty Products
Market: USA and international
Reporting to: Company President and Private Equity Firm
Direct Reports: Finance and Operations teams
Salary Range: (USA) Base + Bonus + Equity
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: CW23-046
Remote work policy: On-site
Job Seniority: Executive Level
Company size: Medium (50-1000 ppl)
Company Ownership: Private Equity backed
Our client for this VP of Finance & Operations opportunity is a fast-growing, private equity-backed beauty company, headquartered in the Tampa, FL area.
The Head of Finance and Operations is responsible for overseeing the finance, accounting, logistics, supply chain, and distribution operations of the organization. This role will require whoever is selected to “roll up their sleeves” and hit the ground running on day one implementing best practices and optimizing the various departments under their direction. This individual will be an executive in the business and work closely with the Private Equity Fund ownership to identify value creation opportunities and plan and implement new initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate would be a management consultant coming from one of the top consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, Bain…) with a few year of experience and wanting to move to the corporate / operational side.
- Being a leader in management best practices, putting in place clear and measurable objectives and KPI’s across all departments to ensure everyone is aligned on their objectives and how they fit into the broader strategic goals of the organization.
- Implementing finance and accounting best practices including but not limited to timely month end closing, standardized accounting procedures and templates, weekly cash flow forecasting, budget process with department level accountability, and strong internal financial controls.
- Managing all internal and external financial reporting and accounting deadlines and serving as lead point of contact with third party lenders, landlords, and other financing stakeholders providing monthly and quarterly financial reporting and compliance certificates, actively monitoring covenant compliance, and becoming an expert in our credit agreements.
- Managing key relationships with operations and finance counterparts at our core supplier partners to drive stronger collaboration and sharing of information
- Providing guidance, coaching, and strategic direction to the individuals and teams falling under your purview including purchasing, IT, warehouse operations, finance, and HR administration, maintaining a consistent vision for how each function should operate
- Managing significant vendor contract commitments and expenditures to ensure consistency with budgeting and work with purchasing to implement clear guidelines in terms of vetting vendors, negotiating terms, and executing contracts
- Overseeing payroll and employee benefits, including accrued vacation, health plan, insurance, retirement funding, health savings account, and other benefits as appropriate.
- Overseeing employee recruitment and onboarding and contractors as appropriate
- Managing finance and operations staff, including full-time, part-time and contract staff.
- Managing and overseeing inventory purchasing, forecasting and planning with regular demand updates to ensure optimal in-stock rates
- An MBA degree from a top US University.
- A Strong ownership mentality for everything under their purview
- Ability to be decisive and take ownership of their own decisions – we value action.
- High level experience with NetSuite and/or Shopify or significant experience with similar ERP systems and an ability and desire to put in the extra work to learn new systems quickly
- Management experience supervising staff, managing budgets, and effectively handling multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent communication skills, both internal to the organization and with external partners, in writing and verbally
- Proven ability to build and nurture an agile, fast-paced, results-driven working environment and to coach supervisees, as well as peers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage simultaneous tasks, and adjust strategy to changing demands
- Strong understanding of accounting and office operations and procedures, including human resources, payroll, bookkeeping, contract management
- Demonstrated ability to work with financial management, budgeting, and administrative systems, annual audits, and monthly bank compliance reporting
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently and as part of a team
- MBA from a top tier institution and/or CPA a plus
- Previous appreciated titles: CFO, COO, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, VP of Finance, Director of Finance
- Previous appreciated experience: McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Co…