Our client is a very fast growing premium spirits company representing 2 brands in the US (premium Vodka & Tequila), a very established and fast growing one, as well as a much smaller one.
We are looking for an experienced Spirits industry Marketing / Branding leader to lead and grow our Spirits brands. The VP will be responsible for developing the business plan and strategy, collaborating with partners, and managing the budgets to ensure the growth of the company. The VP will interface with business development, operations, marketing and sales as required. This role will be responsible for driving strategy and creating value through driving sales, internal and external marketing, and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders. Strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
- Set budgets, define objectives and performance, monitor workflow, identify and fill resource gaps and implement and refine processes as needed.
- Ensure alignment with business partners to set brand goals, sales projections and capture market share.
- Develop and institute “best in class” consumer driven, innovative and agile processes and ways of working to develop new products and ideas.
- Lead development and refinement of consumer-driven Spirits portfolio, including innovation strategy and pipeline initiatives.
- Manage internal and external team and agency relationships to execute an exceptional marketing program that consistently brings forward inspired, next-level deliverables.
- Work closely with the other internal stakeholders to manage all product launches including packaging design, legal compliance, PR & media, distributor education and events.
- Monitor and analyze performance; oversee, execute and track programs and initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding and manage brand voice; serve as a brand advocate across all marketing channels.
- Furthers brand culture and personality through direction to deliver industry-leading event activations, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Train and develop direct reports; set goals, coach, mentor and evaluate team performance.
- Oversee the team’s development and delivery processes.
- Collaborate with creative team from brainstorming through final production, refining and lending a critical eye to all creative output as needed.
- Allocate and leverage resources against priorities, collaborating with peers to maximize the company’s technology and resources.
- Oversee development of reporting measures, including scorecards and KPI’s that support strategy.
- Transparently communicate business performance and in-market selling opportunities to appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead the strategic planning process for the company.
- Create and manage seasonal marketing calendars.
- Measure and analyze campaign metrics with the goal of adjusting tactics to optimize traffic, conversion rates and overall performance.
- Keep pace with current and ever changing industry trends and practices across key sector functions such as social media, digital marketing, as well as across general retail and beverage/spirits functions and industry.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 10-15 years of experience in wines & spirits industry in the US (any category: spirits, liquors, still wine, sparkling wine, Vodka, Tequila, cognac, mezcal…)
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience, a plus.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Previous Spirits industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- Decisive and creative problem solver, with bias for action.
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Allocate and leverage resources against priorities, collaborating with peers to maximize the company’s technology and resources
- Proficiency with MS Office and related applications.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc
- Appreciated previous titles: VP Sales, VP Business Development, VP Sales & Marketing, Sales Director, Business Development Director.