Known for sun, sandy beaches and movie stars, Los Angeles is also a hotbed of innovation in several of the key industries we service. ACCUR’s role in Los Angeles is growing and today we wanted to take a look back at our year in recruiting in LA.
Recruiting for Beauty, Digital, Cannabis and More in Los Angeles
In the past decade, Los Angeles has become an attractive home for new businesses thanks to lower COL and real estate prices as compared to New York and San Francisco and attractive quality of life, especially for top executive talent. Why is LA on such an upward trend? We chalk it up to the diverse set of companies thriving in LA.
- Tech companies like Ticketmaster, Honey, Fandango, Snapchat and Grindr call Los Angeles home. The large local entertainment industry in Los Angeles drives innovation in digital products for movies, television, film, gaming and virtual reality.
- The beauty and cosmetics industries have long been supported by Los Angeles’ large entertainment industry. We
- Consumer packaged goods: LA is home to such top tier companies as Disney and Sonos, and is an important locale for multi-nationals thanks to proximity to the television and advertising industry centered here.
- Los Angeles has set the tone for the country in regards to legal cannabis retail with higher end shops like MedMen creating an affluent, experiential store experience.
- Known for an active and fit populace, Los Angeles is also home to a number of sporting goods companies and associated industries. One of the more interesting ones we’re tracking is e-mobility and transportation. Bird, headquartered in LA, is one of the fasted growing companies in Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles is also home to a number of beer and wine innovators like Winc, a curated wine delivery startup, and Untappd, the go-to app for beer drinkers who want to find specialized local venues for craft brews and compare notes with other suds lovers.
- We also see our Los Angeles-based client business innovating in tobacco products like smokeless and vape products.
Trends Driving Growth and Investment in Los Angeles
There are a number of trends driving investment and interest in the beauty startup space, including:
- Sustainable Beauty and cosmetics: younger consumers are driving a demand for so-called “clean beauty,” or cosmetic and skincare products with organic and natural ingredients, to the tune of an estimated $22 billion in 2022. We see as the Los Angeles cosmetics market as being poised to be a part of that growth.
- Tech innovation: though Tesla is based in the Bay Area, founder Elon Musk maintains a strong presence in Los Angeles for his hyperloop project, The Boring Company.
- Digitally Native Vertical Brands: brands like Glossier and Outdoor Voices that were born online and control product sales, production and customer experience are poised to grown in Los Angeles
- Innovation in cannabis and tobacco: we see client businesses expanding into new retail settings and with innovative new products.
How We Work to Recruit Executives in Los Angeles
We at ACCUR Recruiting Services have extensive experience in the Los Angeles market and are equipped to help companies recruit talent in a range of industries.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in finding the right executive team for your Los Angeles-based company.
Edouard Thoumyre is a seasoned executive recruiter with over 17 years of experience in executive search, as the Founder and Managing Partner of ACCUR Recruiting Services. Specializing in the Consumer and Luxury Goods industries, he has a proven track record of placing senior level and C-level executives in family, private equity-backed, and Fortune 500 companies in the beauty, wine & spirits, watch & jewelry, home goods, and tobacco industries, among others. Edouard Thoumyre holds a master’s degree in Entrepreneurship from HEC Paris (#1 European Business School, Financial Times rankings) and a master’s degree in industrial engineering from Centrale Lille (a top 10 French engineering school). ACCUR Recruiting Services has been recognized as a Forbes Top 100 executive search firm since 2018.
Edouard Thoumyre and his firm, ACCUR Recruiting Services, have been featured in numerous publications such as WWD, Business Insider, Newsweek, CPG Specialist, Yahoo Finance, Nasdaq.com, Marketplace by NPR, Business of Fashion…