Our client for this Business Development Analyst is a large international US based food & beverage company.
The position’s principal objective is, data analysis/reporting, support for sales operational functions, and sales/brand communication management. The role will support the team in developing insights and selling tools as well as coordination of the Joint Business Planning and AOP processes. The position offers a unique experience due to the high degree of integration between all Business Development regions and Brand.
- Forecasting process
- Actively lead the monthly sales forecasting process (top line: Customer Sales and Net Sales) with the business development team:
- Update and distribute the forecast file at the beginning of the forecast week so the directors and BDMs can use it on their pacing meetings; receive and consolidate the forecast file from the directors with the latest estimates by country; present the consolidated file with variances versus previous LE and versus AOP in the Director’s meeting with the Senior Director; control that the approved and consent changes are implemented accurately and on time in each of the four consensus files by country/brand/segment and work closely with the finance and supply team to deliver the files when completed. Note: work with finance to adjust any deviation caused by the current period final invoicing and communicate them to the business development team and the demand planner.
- Business Analysis
- Develop and maintain tools and dashboards to provide visual display of performance metrics and data.
- Analyze trends to anticipate and communicate to leadership to take actions.
- Provide visibility of performance and recommendations to the leadership team based on internal data as well as external market insights.
- Ownership and coordination with other functional areas (Finance, Brand) on pricing for current and new products.
- Translate and implement pricing strategies from Brands to our pricing structure.
- Work every single sku-pricelist combination in our pricing structure to implement pricing initiatives on time.
- Look for ways to optimize the pricing structure and work with the GBS and Finance team to implement them.
- Develop and maintain updated customer ready price lists for the BDMs so they can communicate the pricing changes to their customers.
- Identify margin decretive products that are not part of the strategy and communicate to the leadership team to take actions.
- Trade Management
- Work with the BDMs to keep our trade budget in line with the plan and to forecast any over or underspending for the balance of the year to report it to the leadership team and take corrective measures.
- Identify and propose ways to optimize trade usage by country/brand.
- Other business development support
- Work with BDMs and BDDs on special ad hoc projects upon request or by own initiative.
- Effectively give solutions and answers to BDMs and BDDs requests to continue our day to day business.
- Customer set up
- Facilitate customers and vendors setups and modifications as needed.
- Legal Compliance checklist
- Responsible for maintaining updated the distributors compliance tool: Navex.
- Business Review
- Participate and facilitate business development review presentations when needed.
- Operational Support
- Support the sales operations requirements within Club channel inclusive of item registrations, regulatory requests, sample requests and new item technical data sheets.
- Support the team in optimizing processes; Go-To-Market, Blended Cost, Planning & Budgeting, Account Reviews, Trade Spend Evaluator, and communication (SharePoint site /Sales Wire emails).
- Joint Business Planning
- Connect customer, channel, and brand strategies. Lead the process across Business Development and the Brand teams, responsible for timing and acting as a whip.
- Brand Strategy to Selling Execution
- Build compelling selling stories and the corresponding selling tools such as master selling decks to be leveraged across markets in a consistent and effective manner allowing for customization when necessary.
- Drive consistency in excellent field execution through understanding of best practices and analysis of in market performance.
- Track all key initiative performance against plan objectives and report findings to key stakeholders
- Price realization trackers
- Volume and Trade trackers
- Customer Profitability Segmentation
- New Item Distribution trackers
- Conduct Pre and Post Analysis
- Ensure that an optimized portfolio of brands and SKUs is being deployed in each key market.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience of retail sales and or Finance/Customer Insights & Analytics, forecasting
- University Degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering, business administration, Finance or related field, MBA a plus
- Advanced skills in Excel, database management, Power BI, Tableau, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical, report running and analytical abilities
- Must have strong influencing attributes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data entry
- Full command of English and Spanish language
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with multiple internal/external partners, various functional areas in multiple global locations
- Able to work under pressure
- Appreciated previous experience: Unilever, P&G / Procter & Gamble, Nestlé, Coca Cola, PepsiCo, General Mills, Danone / Dannon, Mars, Lindt, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau
- Appreciated previous titles: Sales Analyst, Business Development Analyst, Account Coordinator