Our client is a small, but established and successful spirits company in the Philadelphia area. They started selling in their home area as well as opportunistically in Florida, Las Vegas and in military. They have recently secured funding to structure their operations and ramp up production in order to go on with a much more aggressive and ambitious distribution strategy across the US.
They need a strong business partner to help them build a detailed go-to-market strategy. The objectives are not only strategic but also in terms of implementations. We need someone who can build a strategy and start executing it, by opening doors, visiting accounts, opening negotiations, etc… You will be expected to start with the low hanging fruits of already-opened markets (Great Philadelphia area, Florida, Las Vegas and the military), while providing strategic input and the ability to implement a successful go-to-market strategy. The position will offer equity after a first successful period to be determined.
We are looking for a Wines & Spirits veteran with a very strong entrepreneurial spirits wanting to set up and be the lead business developer for the company. A background building small brands for large groups would be ideal so that you can bring in best practices.
- 10 years of experience in wines & spirits industry in the US (any category: spirits, liquors, still wine, sparkling wine, Vodka, Tequila, cognac, mezcal…)
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience, a plus.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Previous Spirits industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- Decisive and creative problem solver, with bias for action.
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Allocate and leverage resources against priorities, collaborating with peers to maximize the company’s technology and resources
- Proficiency with MS Office and related applications.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc
- Appreciated previous titles: VP Sales, VP Business Development, VP Sales & Marketing, Sales Director, Business Development Director.