Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Food – Fresh Produce) – PT Contractor
Location: Washington State
Alternate location: One of the top apple production states (WA, CA or NY ideally)
Industry: Food – Fresh Produce (Apples)
Market: North America
Languages: English (and Spanish ideally)
Salary Range: (USD) $100k to $120k for a part-time job (60-80% of the time)
Visa: No sponsorship possible. Must have valid work authorization
Job ID: CW23-027
Remote work policy: Full remote
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Function(s): Sales & Business Development (National),
*** This is a part time (60-80% of FTE) meant for an independent contractor or consultant. ***
Our client is the owner of a world-renowned branded apple, popularly regarded as the world’s number 1 apple brand in over 90 countries. This organization works closely with the US Trademark Owner and is renowned for its consistent quality and sweet-tart flavor that has captivated a global audience. The majority of the client’s licensed exporters to the US are based in Latin America, primarily in Chile, Brazil, and Argentina.
Objective of the Role
The Business Development Manager will be tasked with providing market development services to US-based licensees importing the branded apples into the North American Market. The objective is to build value in the supply chain for importers and their retail customers through strategic planning, brand, and trade marketing campaign development. The manager will also be responsible for giving compelling presentations to retail buyers. Additionally, they will work with US-based exporters to uncover opportunities within Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East, connecting these exporters with our client’s teams in these emerging markets.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial contractor with experience in managing other consumer brands. They should possess a deep understanding of the requirements of fresh produce retailers to create profitable outcomes across the supply chain. They must be proficient in presenting the benefits of our client’s network and the brand, encouraging rapid growth in distribution, volume, and awareness of the brand. A candidate with a Spanish language skill or a Latin American background will have an advantage, considering the large base of our client’s licensed exporters in Latin America.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to grow the brand within the North American market.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with licensees, importers, and retail customers.
- Develop and execute brand and trade marketing campaigns.
- Present the benefits of our client’s network and brand to retail buyers.
- Work closely with US-based exporters to uncover and capitalize on opportunities within Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Collaborate with our client’s teams in these emerging markets to facilitate business growth.
- Proven experience as a Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, or a relevant role in consumer brands.
- Proficiency in English; Spanish language skill or a Latin American background will be a plus.
- Strong understanding of the requirements of fresh produce retailers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Candidates based in Washington State, California, or New York State will be preferred.