Our client for this Call Center Sales Manager position is a worldwide leader in tobacco (cigars) with a back office in North Carolina.
Under the direction of the Distribution Operations Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for constantly improving sales performance in the call center, and providing a best in class customer experience for each customer – accomplished through constant review of individual Customer Service Representative (CSR) analytics, staff training and development. Additionally, the Sales Manager will drive internal promotions, Spiff programs, Product Up-Sells, events and activities to increase Call Center sales. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing strategy and processes that will provide staff guidance and ensure adherence to call center operations and strategies, improve systems and KPI performance and that will establish service and sales goals to ensure ongoing revenue growth and high service standards. This role is also critical in changing the culture of the call center – making it a place where employees truly love coming to work, and are given ample development opportunities.
- Manages and instructs, directs and leads Call Center staff in the sale of cigars and other catalog items.
- Customer service training and motivating associates. This may include creating incentives awards, holding contest and similar activities to create a challenging and engaging work environment.
- Continuously review and take appropriate action to improve or highlight representative statistics, including: inbound/outbound calls handled, schedule adherence, productivity, first call resolution, total sales and conversion rates by sales type, specials, etc.
- Continued improvement in percentage of individual Rep’s Bonus Buy (Upsell) performance
- Tracks and analyzes KPI data, identifies trends and develops strategic recommendations and communicates with the Management Team.
- Active participation in recruiting and onboarding Call Center resources.
- Assists in determining call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- 7+ years in Direct sales management experience in a medium to large call center setting required
- History of creating and managing performance incentive driven programs – show examples
- Experience in Fraud Order mitigation. Familiarity with systems such as Kount or other similar tools
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications
- Proven, demonstrable customer-centric approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable successful management and engagement of staff
- Highly developed troubleshooting and collaboration skills
- Proven experience in creating motivational incentive programs
- Computer Skills: Excel, Powerpoint, DOMO, ZenDesk, Veratad
- Must be available full time, which will include some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Mars, Unilever, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Coty
- Appreciated previous titles: In-house Sales Manager, Call Center Sales Manager, Customer Service Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager