Our client for this CEO – Chief Executive Officer career opportunity is a small established family owned company in the spirits sector. They are both manufacturing and managing distribution from their operations in the Baltimore, MD area. Their market is mostly comprised of 8 to 10 mid Atlantic states.
The company is in a transition phase and would like to hire a new leader to succeed to the founder. The CEO will work with all department managers to develop and coordinate all activities of the business to include financial, sales, marketing strategies, market trends and demands, technological changes, and organizational growth. Establish cost-cutting measures to utilize company resources efficiently and initiate/implement new ideas for better efficiencies and growth. Analyzing sales data to identify strengths and weaknesses. Oversee the flow and processes so that products are manufactured on schedule and within the quality standards and cost objectives.
We are looking for an experienced Wine & Spirits executive with a real expertise on the production / distillery side, and of course a good knowledge of the distribution. As this is a small team, the CEO will be expected to wear multiple hats and be used to such environment, while designing a new strategy to grow the business in a controlled manner.
- Must demonstrate qualities of communication, leadership and experience.
- Promoting the company and work to gain new business.
- Maintain current relationships with suppliers and attain new suppliers to create a sustainable supply chain for products and supplies.
- Working with industry regulators we are licensed by. Adhere to and follow strict compliance regulations. Federal & State regulations
- Ensure that company policies are being followed. Identify, recommend, and assist in implementing changes to policies, procedures, and processes once approved by management.
- Identifying and reducing costs and areas of waste.
- Assist in directing and monitoring department supervisors to accomplish goals of production, shipping, receiving, and maintaining optimal workflows.
- Assist in directing and coordinating programs essential to manufacturing procedures, such as training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, etc.
- Work with plant management to achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead. Assist in the hiring, training, developing and evaluating staff to include monitoring and coaching, conflict resolution, and discipline.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned and required.
- 15 years of experience in wines & spirits industry in the US (any category: spirits, liquors, still wine, sparkling wine, Vodka, Tequila, cognac, mezcal…)
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing / distillery environment
- Ability to identify weak spots in a process to improve efficiency
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Experience managing people and working with department supervisors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – adaptable & flexible
- Previous experience with safety and enforcement of safety rules and policies
- We are not necessarily expecting executives from the large groups/ brands such as: Bacardi, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Diageo, Marie Brizard, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc
- We would prefer executive coming from smaller brands or smaller operations.
- Appreciated previous titles: Operations Director, VP of Operations, COO, CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer