Our client for this Finance Manager / Controller role is a European company with an office in Fort Lauderdale dedicated to both North America and Latin America.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- the smooth running of the Global Administration for the company. The scope of responsibilities includes Finance, HR, Legal, Administration.
- the support of activities with Technical Support and Logistics.
- the continuous improvement of the organization/processes and people development.
This position will work and coordinate with the Sales & Marketing Directors for LAM and NAM. He/she will also have frequent interactions with functional Directors from HQ based in France. The Direct Manager of this position is the Vice-President of the group based in France.
This position is based in Fort Lauderdale Office, but the scope of his/her activities is both Fort Lauderdale and an office in the Boston area. He/she may have to travel 1 or 2 times a year there. Some trips to the HQ in France may also be required.
For this role, we need a finance professional, ideally coming from a Controller or a Finance Manager position. Additionally as this is a rather small company, we need someone who can not only work at a strategic level, but also roll up there sleeves and get things done.
Finance & Accounting:
- Manage and supervise a shared administrative team (finance/accounting/order processing).
- Coordinate with external CPA firm financials and taxes.
- Provide all financial statements, Balance Sheets and Cash reports to HQ teams.
- Provide all financial statements to US external CPA for Semester closing preparation on P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash considerations in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Assess risk management.
- Manage administrative and legal Corporate matters with external Legal firm.
- Manage purchase to pay process with administration team.
- Manage order to cash process with administration team.
- Manage cash collection with administration team.
- Sign and approve payment prepared by the administration team.
- Propose action plan and liaise with the Group CFO for all related matters (dotted line report).
- Manage customer Loans process with administration team, in respect with group procedures, as well as any promotional tools, such as Trade In / Trade Up (TINTUP).
- Do monthly accounting reconciliations, such as payables, receivables, bank statements, in compliance with local regulation and Group requirements.
- Manage and supervise a team in charge of all operations pertaining to sales order processing ensuring customer satisfaction, customer retention, sales revenue growth and full implementation of related tools and processes.
- Support the team in fixing major problems and ensuring continuous improvement in processes and way of working.
- Management with all personnel matters: payroll, annual employee reviews, vacation planning, medical leave, employment contracts, employment offers, etc.
- Liaise with HR Director in HQ.
- Ensuring that health and safety policies, as well as the Employee Handbook are up to date.
- Establish team atmosphere through leadership and employee development.
- Support the supply chain team (1 manager and 5 employees) and especially the team leader/manager to reach performance targets.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, HQ Production, distributors, resellers and customers.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints when needed.
- Comply with laws, regulations and requirements.
- Support the technical support manager and his team (1 manager and 4 employees) to reach performance targets.
- Provides continual operational reviews to the Tech Support team highlight any areas of concern and where there are progress or performance issues areas of celebration around specific and significant customer wins and internal improvement progress.
- Maintains strategic engagements with key clients to ensure the function stays relevant and current in its thinking.
- Implement standard procedures with regards to Group Guidelines.
- Research and develop resources that creates timely and efficient workflow.
- Manage the filing and housekeeping of Company’s legal documents and contracts.
- Travel arrangements: booking transport and accommodation (hotel, flights, taxi, etc.) for visiting staff, when necessary.
- Organizing company travel arrangements, events, conferences, meetings.
- External / internal communication: liaise with third party contractors and with management.
- Native English speaking; Spanish and French will be valued
- Experience in a similar professional environment
- Minimum of an associate degree
- Above average skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Experience in accounting and payroll
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- HR management and recruiting skills: Appraisal, Objectives settings, Health Insurance implementation, etc.
- Good organizational skills, able to work independently and good working attitude
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities; strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Able to work under pressure in a challenging environment