|Job Title||HR Business Partner – International Wholesaler & Retailer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33131|
|Industry||Travel Retail Operator / Duty Free Retailer|
|Channel||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Reporting to||Americas CEO|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $110k base|
|Benefits||Health Insurance, 401k etc...|
Our client for this HR Business Partner role is an international wholesaler and retailer, with an office in Miami in charge of developing their business across the americas.
Reporting to the CEO and managing one employee, you will be responsible for the full spectrum of the HR functions in Miami. This includes daily HR support to the business in areas of recruitment, attracting and retaining talents, performance management, rewards and recognition, labor relations, payroll, training and compliance with local laws. He/she will be providing HR leadership and strategic with certain collaboration with our Germany headquarters , and also building up the organization for further expansion in the Americas. In this business partnering role, he/she is expected to play an advisory role to the senior management and provide tactical & strategic oversight on people issues.
This is a fast growing operation and we are looking for an HR manager with great ambition and potential to keep on growing with the company. The right candidate will have a previous human resources experience with a retail company.
Strategic HR leadership:
- Develop’ HR strategies, policies and procedures for the region, to ensure alignment with the business environment in view of the respective local laws and
- Provides guidance to departmental heads in the management and implementation of organizational re-structuring and general employee relations matters
- Leads the planning and execution of implementations of discipline specific human resource initiatives, strategies, policies and practices across the market, aligned to the growth of the
- Craft talent acquisition and resourcing strategies in accordance to the growth requirement of the manpower
- Create and drive retention and succession planning strategies via talent management and leadership
- Build and cultivate a corporate culture on continuous learning and
- Develop, review and manage compensation & benefits, performance management , oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Serves as key change agent for initiatives that have high employee impact in the
General HR support:
- Provide daily full spectrum of HR support to the departments
- Collaborate and support organization wide HR initiatives
- Responsible for the overall operational requirements in the areas of manpower planning and selection, performance management, rewards and recognition, employee welfare, employee programs and communication
- Provides systemic approach to ensure compliance to HR policies as required by local law in the region
- Formulate, plan and conduct companywide training plans as well as orientation program to brief new staffs on board
- Create and maintain employee records in the HR Information
- Manage monthly payroll, statutory contributions and leave system
- Manage the Group Insurance & Health Care benefits
- Manage and handle compensation & benefits, performance management , oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Manage and drive employee relations programs
- Provide advice on HR policies, counseling and coaching on staff disciplinary issues
- Support any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related degree from a recognized university required.
- At least 5 years of progressive HR generalist experience including managerial experience, with a preference for multi-country/ multiple cultures experience.
- Experience in start-up operations at regional/ corporate level is preferred.
- Subject expert on regional labour legislation and knowledgeable in the prevailing best practices in HR
- Independent self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative in role as a team player, able to motivate and build rapport at all levels
- Delivers results and ability to balance priorities and multitask under pressure.
- Analytical to make decisions using data and business knowledge.
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change within a dynamic market and business environment.
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to interface with senior management, and ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Solid measurement skills related to assessment of information, initiatives and strategies.
- Ability to work in a transaction-driven, deadline-driven environment to meet objectives of assignments.
- Appreciated previous roles: HR Manager, HR Director, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s