Our client for this Industry Relations Director position is a leading global travel platform with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s most trusted brands. They have office locations in the North America, United Kingdom, Eastern Europe, North Africa and South East Asia with over 2000 Travel Agents combined.
Their cutting-edge IT and Lead Generation Marketing solutions have enabled their continuous 50% year-to-year growth with thousands of customers served daily and made them a trusted partner with all the major airlines and other travel providers.
The industry Relations Director will be in charge of opening and developing relations with airlines, if possible Tier 1 US airlines, and other travel players (car rentals, hotels…) to expand the travel offering and options for the clients.
We need someone who already has high level connections with major airlines, coming from another large travel agency, or coming from the airlines directly.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various Travel providers (e.g. airlines, B2B wholesalers, consolidators, hotels, car rentals, etc.) to set up and improve incentive agreements.
- Understanding the local market and negotiating better deals with airlines than the competition.
- Developing unique travel products by identifying current needs and potential opportunities, analyzing the market situation, and proposing these opportunities to Travel providers.
- Monitoring Sales performance and coordinating with Sales teams to achieve targets as contracted by the airlines.
- Understanding daily Operations’ requirements and establishing proper workflows with Support and Sales teams with a scope of growing revenues and increasing ROI.
- Working closely with the Leadership team to identify and prioritize opportunities for growth.
- Proactively looking for improvement opportunities and driving change to make these improvements happen.
- Serving as a key liaison to the Travel product providers.
- Coordinating with Ticketing and Support teams on the introduction of new products and their ticketing requirements.
- Communicating with our Sales and Marketing teams on specific products’ promotional methods.
- Seeking opportunities to bring new Travel content with a first-to-market attitude.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the Travel industry is a MUST.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Managerial experience in Travel/Tour agency operations.
- Fluency in any of the GDS’s.
- To have established relationships with some local Travel vendors.
- Previous appreciated experience: Delta, American Airlines, Southwest, United Airlines…