Our client operate a very prestigious Restaurant, a Cafe and a Gourmet Food Boutique in Manhattan.
The Objective of this BOH Manager (Back of the House Manager) is to manage the accounting and other administratives duties of those 3 business units (the Restaurant, the cafe and the boutique). Some bookkeeping, reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and yearly closing, monthly reporting, ad-hoc analysis…
We need a professional with good accounting/finance background who is also able to go on the field, spend time in the 3 locations and challenge each manager on their spendings. Background in internal audit, would be greatly appreciated.
- Set up all transactions and vendors information.
- Daily sales journals and revenue reconciliation.
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling prepaid, accrual and fixed asset schedules
- Inventory oversight and journal entries
- Responsible for reconciling operating accounts and credit cards.
- Preparation and filling of all tax compliance with outside accountants.
- Oversee payroll
- Month-End Closing entries, including accruals.
- Prepare, coordinate and analysis of P&L, B.S., Variance Reports, Core Cost and
- Create and post journal entries to the G/L as needed including I/C reconciliation.
- Preparing and analyzing weekly Flash Reports for CEO, COO and Managers.
- Inventory control for food and beverage.
- Process A/P and A/R weekly.
- Monitor and Improve existing accounting procedures in place to manage all
- Administration of human resources and insurance as required (Liability, License
renewal, Insurance, W. C., Unemployment and Child Support).
- Bachelor degree in business of finance
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in English (French a plus)
- Very strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Good communication skills
- Team player in order to interact efficiently with all department (purchasing, chefs, etc…)
- Appreciated previous experience: Fashion, Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Consumer Goods, CPG, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Watches, Jewelry, Food & Beverages, Perfumes, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Beauty, Wines, Spirits, Liquors, Tobacco, Cigars, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche, PwC, PriceWaterHouse Coopers
- Appreciated previous titles: Financial Analyst, Finance Coordinator, Cost Analyst, Cost Controller, Auditor, BOH Manager, Back of the House, Accounting Manager, Operations Manager, Restaurant Manager