|Job Title||Market Manager – Cannabis|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Industry||Cannabis / Marijuana|
|Channel||Wholesale and Retail|
|Reporting to||US Sales Director|
|Visa||No Sponsorship available|
|Benefits||Health Insurance + Bi-annual bonus|
Our client is a fast growing company in the recreational cannabis industry. They are a service provider to licensed cannabis companies and offer them technologies, processes, packaging, branding and distribution strategies. They started their business based on an award winning cannabis oil vaporizer already distributed in 5 of the 9 legals states across the US.
- Day to day management of the wholesale sales team ensuring they are on track to meet all goals.
- Trains sales team, whether internal or external on best in class selling techniques.
- Maintains a command of the trade channel, competition and the regulatory environment.
- Develops and maintains a high-performance team and culture.
- Oversees all marketing activity and ensures fit with strategy.
- Providing content for the company’s social media accounts and posting relevant content.
- Attends relevant industry events and conferences.
- Regularly reports on activities and results to senior company executives.
- Researches potential selling and distribution partners in new and existing markets
- Conducts store level selling, executes pop up events as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Ideally 3-5+ years’ experience in sales management in a corporate setting (ideally Tobacco, Wines & Spirits or other Consumer goods categories selling in physical retail.)
- Leadership that inspires and empowers others
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks and focus under pressure
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Account Manager, Regional Manager