Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Market Manager – Texas (Whiskey & Tequila)
Location: Dallas – Fort Worth area
Industry: Wines & Spirits, Liquors
Channel: On Premise & Off Premise
Reporting to: CEO
Direct Reports: team of sales reps currently being recruited
Salary Range: (USD) Around $80k-$90k base + Bonus
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: JO-2106-890
Our client for this opportunity is a new and fast growing spirits company with large investments in the Texas market.
A Market Manager’s objective is to champion the brand-building efforts and volume-driving activities in both the on and off-premise, and through promotions and PR/Event sponsorship. The Texas Market Manager’s duties include account management, maintaining account relationships, ensuring product distribution, brand visibility, training, education, executing special events and promotions, and tracking and measuring progress. The Texas Market Manager will also manage a team of 3 sale reps (Houston, Austin, San Antonio).
- Management of brand building efforts and volume driving activities in the on and off-premise and promotional and PR/Events.
- Build strong relationships with key on and off premise accounts, distributor management and distributor salesmen
- Train, manage and develop a team of field sales reps focusing on smaller account in each of their market (Houston, Austin, San Antonio).
- Act as a Brand associate to assigned accounts by selling on and off-premise strategies into agreed accounts and ensure successful execution.
- Improve the brand’s on-premise presence by implementing proven merchandising tactics.
- Manage and execute all on and off-premise account POS branding.
- Assist in the planning and execution of key account promotions on & off-premise.
- Communicate market-specific information from distributor, importer, and key accounts back to the US Commercial Manager.
- Identify and develop additional marketing and/or promotional strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and drive incremental sales.
- Responsible for collecting and submitting quarterly survey reports that include pricing and competitive data.
- Work with Distributor on and off-premise team to educate them on our brands, to ensure their understanding of our brands and strategies, and to maximize their attention to our brands.
- Act as one of brands’s social media champions, aligning the brand’s social media campaigns with relevant influencers and brand partners in their markets to increase brand awareness, name recognition and choices people make at the bar and retail.
- Proven ability and experience in the sales, marketing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods.
- At least 5-7 years of experience with beverage alcohol products.
- At least 2-3 years of team management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/marketing preferred. High school education mandatory.
- Computer literary a must (e-mail, Excel or equivalent, Word)
- Must be able to dedicate evenings and some weekends to on-premise and special event work.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, The Edrington Group, Patron, Southern Wines & Spirits
- Appreciated previous titles: Market Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Account Manager, On Premise Manager, Off Premise Manager