Our client for this opportunity is a fast growing premium spirit brand (Mezcal).
The mission of the National Key Account Manager, will be to support the sales efforts for the company. The National Key Account Manager is responsible for profitably managing business results (volume, share, profit) for assigned chain accounts. The National Key Account Manager will be required to:
- Develop the account sales plan and facilitates its implementation
- Ensure that products and programs are sold to and executed in on and off premise retailers by coordinating the sales, distribution and program execution through chain buying officers and the company system.
- Build value-enhancing relationships with retailers through category management application, responsive problem solving and proactive relationship management.
- Call on buyer, retail operations and any internal/external resources that can influence execution.
- Follow the company’s established call planning and reporting routines.
- Execute account calls in coordination with key wholesaler personnel; sell in objectives consistent with annual plan and communicate call results to network; coordinate execution.
- Enhance/improve/introduce the company’s relationship and alignment with assigned accounts.
- Penetrate customer organization to identify decision makers and influencers, build rapport, trust and credibility.
- Share customer Best Practices across team, regions and distributors.
- Bring category knowledge and retail solutions to the customer.
- Understand and apply appropriate services and retail solutions.
- Own the execution of the company’s portfolio in territory (distribution, display execution, distributor service policy).
- Conduct regional/store visits to check on execution and opportunities.
- Manage local pricing strategy/intelligence and in-market tactics.
- Work with marketing resources to develop and deliver customized programming.
- Coordinate distributor price reporting for customer.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense and mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field; MBA is preferred
- 5-7 years’ sales/marketing experience within spirits company
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality
- Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with sales/marketing peers
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business acumen
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage the selling process with chain buyers, executives and owners, alike
- Must live in the market where the position is located
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to chain stores, convenience stores, bars, restaurants and festivals
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with the company
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures of the worksite
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, The Edrington Group, Patron, Southern Wines & Spirits
- Appreciated previous titles: Key Account Manager, National Key Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager