|Job Title||Retail Operations Manager (Cruise Ships)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33126, US|
|Industry||Travel Retail Operator / Duty Free Retailer|
|Channel||Cruise Ship Retail Stores|
|Reporting to||Director of Sales & Business Development|
|Reports||6 Store Manager and 20+ Retail Staffs|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $80k base|
|Benefits||Health Insurance, 401k etc...|
Our client for this Retail Operations Manager role is an international Travel Retailer with an office in Miami for the Americas and managing stores in Airports and on Cruise Ships.
The Retail Operations Manager leads and develops strategy and tactical initiatives, working through shop managers to achieve sales goals, deliver superior customer service and drive profitability. Responsibilities include sales results, P&L management (Controllable Line Items) and training and development of managerial shipboard staff.
- Develops credible onboard relationships with shipboard shop staff, onboard business partners, and HQ personnel.
- Evaluates current revenue, promotional activities and special event results and develops action plans for improvement.
- Analyzes sales, gross margins, and expenses at both assigned cruise line and ship level.
- Reviews all operational and administrative process to ensure compliance and execution (i.e. out of stocks, delivery opportunities, discrepancies, receiving memos, return to vendor offloads, etc.).
- Communicates and ensures execution of policies and procedures to respective ships.
- Conducts routine monthly ship visits and complete visit audit reports.
- Supervises daily operations and constantly provides appropriate feedback for progress to shipboard teams.
- Coaches, mentors, and invests in the performance management and professional development of the shipboard teams.
- Plans and implements system tools to increase the shipboard team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures implementation and execution of all Best Practices.
- Keep appropriate and continuous communication with different functions within the business such as:
- Partners with shop managers and on board business partners to identify opportunities and drive sales and guest service ratings. Communicates new product assortment and merchandising strategy to shop managers.
- Partners with Logistics to develop delivery schedules and ensure execution of transfer of merchandise (i.e. transfers, return to vendor, etc.).
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure execution of marketing plans and major launches and identifying areas for promotion and the ability to tackle and resolve technical and logistic issues.
- Partners with the Visual Brand Specialist to execute visual directives, including signing, marketing, window/in store displays, field based training and floor plan execution.
- Liaises with Human Resources on issues including but not limited to, recruitment, training performance management and evaluations.
- Works with the Retail Inventory Planner to optimize inventory levels to ensure required stock coverage for sales, financial targets, vendor requirements and overall presentation standards. Assisting with the planning and execution of onboard inventories and reconciliation to drive profit through shortage controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years’ of relevant in the field of sales or operations management experience (Travel Retail, Duty Free, Cruise Ship industry…)
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in retail operations.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with key business partners.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee development and performance management skills – able to motivate team.
- Proven ability to decisively and quickly resolve issues.
- Focus on compliance and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Strong verbal, written communication, analytical and relational skills.
- Appreciated previous roles: Retail Operations Manager, Area Sales Manager, Area Manager, Area Retail Manager, Travel Retail Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s