Our client for this Sales & Operations Manager is a famous luxury brand with an office in Boca Raton in charge of the US domestic market.
This role is a key coordination function to support the rest of the team on the field. It encompasses the coordination of the product supply chain from import to distribution, the inventory management, account coordination, marketing support…
Anyone with a background in customer service in the luxury watch industry would be ideal. If not, coming from another luxury goods category. A strong level in Excel is required.
Job Description Demand Planning/Distribution
- Allocate watches from HQ (Buy for the month/year)
- Review and approve all invoices (correct pricing) before being confirmed
- Allocate watches to the retailers – Sales for the month
- Provide Sales Manager/Brand Manager with availability and pricing on products
- RTV-Execute return of merchandise to HQ on request
Sales support/Customer Service
- TOA Stock/inventory management
- Responsible for ensuring safety and location of stock pieces at all times
- Responsible for Middle of the year and end of the year watch inventory
- Inventory management of Visual merchandise (marketing material) and accessories
- Manage stock of warranty cards, user manuals, HH books, diamond certificates
- Ensure all watches are labeled/tagged with reference number
- Prepare for audit reviews – assuring all proper backup is provided for each PCS transaction (Invoice, return, memos, carnets)
- Aftersales- Work with watchmakers on repairs and strap change request
Data Collection and Analysis
- Respond to/troubleshooting customer and retailer phone/email inquiries (Product availability)
- Work with finance department prior to invoicing in regards to past due customers
- Pull references, diamond certificates, manuals, additional straps, ETC
- Manually enter financial codes/GL’s for each reference on every invoice in both the finance and discount portion of the invoice
- Ensuring all backup documents are filed with each invoice
- Check A/R (if any payment discounts were applied)
- Complete exchange sheet (Buyback from)
- Ensure the exchange is always positive and a 2 to 1 ratio
- Organize the exchange based of HQ’s availability of products (Stage 1, 2, and 3 if some watches are not available all at one time) Ensuring that during all stages of the BB result in positive margin
- Currency conversion for Canadian retailers
- Manual tracking through old paper files – Older pieces that are not trackable through PCS
- Obtain HQ’s approval for BB’s
- Ensuring all backup documents are filed with each invoice
- Catalogues to end consumers requested through the brand’s website
- Collect and input data into Masterfile for Monthly/Yearly Retailer Inventory (Manual Excel sheet)
- Collect and input data into Masterfile for Monthly/Yearly Retailer Sellout (Manual Excel sheet)
- Analyze and report data for Monthly/Yearly Retailer Inventory
- Analyze and report data for Monthly/Yearly Retailer Sellout
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting the monthly/yearly turnover
- Created a master file (turnover file_ which records and compares TY and LY sales, returns, Net sales as well as sellout data for the retailers, inventory status, and backorder recap
- Report the summary of month to HQ/ Brand Manager
- Communicate weekly landing to TOA team as well as HQ
- Provide the sales analysis and budget for world meeting in Switzerland
- Provide the sales data for retail visits
- Provide the sales data for SIHH
- Visual merchandising
- Back up Marketing Director with pulling and shipping display/accessories to retailers
- Order/manage shipments from HQ of prototypes for marketing use (Carnets)
- Logistics A to Z for watch events including selection, security, storage, shipping, and returns
- Yearly Professional Catalogue distribution to retailers
- Stock Management at PR company
- Execute requests from PR agency for photoshoots/press releases (watches)
- Sales incentives program management
- Quarterly modification to program and distribution of incentive program
- Interface with retailers to verify sales for spiff payments
- Create and maintain Masterfile for spiff payment for year over year analysis for checks and balances
- Update payment file and send to finance monthly
- Manage consignment request from retailers and PR firm
- Pull watch/watches
- Create the consignment document and consignment agreement
- Soliciting signed agreements
- Memo returns
- Filing each consignment PCS transaction with proper backup documentation
- Review and approve all broker duties and fees
- Review and approve all Ferrari/Brinks fees
- Review and approve HQ shipping charges and invoices
- Update stock in back end/Manage orders
- Mr Porter
- Ship and inventory stock/Manage orders
- Inventory of current stock
- Responsible for future assortment (shipping non active references)
Manage and report sellout data
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in the field of sales or operations management experience (Luxury Goods, Fashion, Beauty, Travel Retail, Duty Free, Cruise Ship industry…)
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in retail operations.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with key business partners.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee development and performance management skills – able to motivate team.
- Proven ability to decisively and quickly resolve issues.
- Focus on compliance and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Strong verbal, written communication, analytical and relational skills.
- Appreciated previous roles: Customer Service Manager, Sales Administration Manager, Operations Manager, Sales & Operations Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Corum, Estee Lauder, Invicta, Kering, L’Oreal, LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy, Richemont, Swatch Group, TechnoMarine