Our client for this Sales Operations Manager is a luxury perfumes company with a well-established presence in the North American market, selling through prestigious retailers including Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and Bergdorf Goodman and its own transactional website. The Americas region is the brand’s largest market, representing one-third of global retail sales and more than 40% of net shipments worldwide.
They are looking for a pro-active Sales Operations / Account Coordination / Customer Service executive to join our team responsible for the smooth running of day to day operational effectiveness and able to manage all aspects of purchase orders from receiving to shipping, inventory control, shipping compliance, forecast demand, and taking on new tasks and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the overall execution of operations and receiving SOPS, including the continuous flow process.
- Monitors and manages all inbound and outbound operations within the 3PL organization including management of returns, damages, and chargebacks with the Operations Executive and Finance Manager to maintain the accuracy of inventory.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations effectiveness and monitor shipments querying any delays
- Manages stock inventory control, allocations as per order requests and forecasting, keeping this updated at all times.
- Prepare any additional shipping & customs documentation where needed.
- Ensure that company policy & procedures are communicated in a timely manner & adhered to accordingly.
- Analyzes all phases of the operation on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum accuracy, service, and productivity.
- Daily communications with warehouse team to ensure maximum accuracy when processing orders.
- Manage daily stock levels.
- Identifying and eliminating process bottleneck
- Ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures.
- Report weekly operations review on orders status and inventory levels.
- Oversee all weekly sales reporting is being sent on a timely manner.
- Ensure all compliance standards are met in the warehouse when shipping out to the retailers.
- Freight costing
- Track freight costing by customer account using tracking sheet. o Check and approve shipping invoices as per agreed procedure.
- Sales Support
- Manage customer information files.
- Update customer order forms and price lists as needed.
- Update customer procedures (order process, QC, etc.) and circulate.
- Communicate new and updated product information to customers as directed by sales teams. o Manage and regularly review stock allocation by market.
- Provide regular stock availability information to sales teams.
- Customer Service
- Primary contact for order & delivery queries.
- Investigate, monitor and keep up-to-date documentation on delivery issues.
- Coordinate implementation of corrective delivery actions where needed.
- Coordinate customer returns as needed.
- Filter day-to-day customer requests/queries where needed.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within the perfume/beauty sector
- Previous experience with Operations Systems is strongly preferred
- SAP experience required.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts
- Must possess good integrity and business judgment, team orientation, goal orientation, with high personal productivity skills.
- Strong negotiation, advocacy, and networking skills
- Must possess excellent analytical, proactive problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Spanish language skills would be highly beneficial.
- Software skills: very good knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willing to travel frequently to warehouse in Long Island, NY
- Appreciated previous experience: Chanel, Christian Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Coty, Interparfums, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, Puig, Roger & Gallet, YSL, Chanel, L’Oreal
- Appreciated previous titles: Sales Operations Manager, Account Coordinator, Commercial Coordinator, Customer Service Manager