Our client for this Area Export Manager job opportunity is a French Champagne production company with a team of 2 representing the US. We are looking for an acting Country Manager, titled here Area Export Manager.
- Work with HQ to define goals for the US domestic market, and then state by state including volume, marketing investments, operational monitoring and reporting.
- Open up and manager both distributors and retailers (on- and off-premise). Manage the day to day relationship with the importers and monitor closely sales, inventory, cash and payments.
- In charge of the proper implementation of the commercial strategy on the field. After budget approval by HQ, he/she will be directly in charge of all negotiations with the distributors and the accounts (retailers and on-trade partners)
- Participate in the management and development of the travel retail channel in North America alongside HQ
- Report to HQ on a regular basis
- Watch trends in the markets with both the accounts and the competition. Propose solution for the company to adapt to new changes.
- Collaborate with HQ and other export regions for potential synergies or possible impact between markets.
- Proven ability and experience in sales and marketing of wines (ideally Champagne, Prosecco, Cava or other imported sparkling wines, but not limited to.)
- At least 5 years sales experience; minimum 3 year with beverage alcohol products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/marketing preferred. High school education mandatory.
- Computer literary a must (e-mail, Excel or equivalent, Word)
- Must be able to dedicate evenings and some weekends to on-premise and special event work.
- French fluency would be a plus but not required
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, The Edrington Group, Patron, Southern Wines & Spirits
- Appreciated previous titles: Country Manager, Area Manager, Export Manager, Market Manager, Regional Sales Manager,