|Job Title||US Business Development Manager – Very Fine Carpets, Rugs & Tapestries|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York, NY 10022, USA|
|Alternate Location||Home Based anywhere in the Greater NYC area|
|Industry||Very Fine Carpets, Rugs & Tapestries|
|Channel||Retail, Wholesale, Interior Designers...|
|Languages||English & French|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible. Must have valid work authorization|
Our Client: Ateliers PINTON 1867
150 years of perfection have led PINTON to become one of the most renowned names in exceptional carpets, rugs and tapestries. The works produced by the “basse lisse” looms of our Felletin workshops have helped popularise the art of French textile making around the world. The PINTON family have always had a passion for the art of weaving. From 1867 to the present day, this passion, combined with the age-old expertise of their artisans, has spun a promising and innovative future. With excellence and creativity their only boundaries, PINTON has brought the Aubusson tradition into the modern era. The company is divided in two entities – PINTON Manufacture, dedicated to luxury interior design, and PINTON Editions, devoted to contemporary art. With this, the family company is rapidly gaining international visibility, showcasing French expertise in the art of weaving. www.pinton1867.com
The Business Development Manager will build, maintain and develop a network of distributors, agents, retailers and partners across the US. In agreement with upper management, the Business Development Manager will come up with strategic suggestions on how to invest in order to grow brand awareness and actual business. After 2 years of successful development, he/she will be in charge of building a team and open a US office.
We are looking for a very driven and ambitious sales and business development professional, with a strong experience in luxury, interior design and/or fine art. A previous experience in distribution of such products is necessary. Bilingual English & French.
- Set up agreements with new agents, distributors and retail partners
- Management and development of the distribution network
- Travel to visit distribution partners across the country
- Oversee all commercial requests
- Manage and follow up directly with all accounts
- Attend trade shows with distribution partners as needed
- Participate in setting up and developing IT tools to support the business in the US
- Set up a yearly pricing strategy
- Analyze the market, watch the competition, stay ahead of expectations.
- Previous sales experience in Sales or Business development for luxury products, interior design and/or fine arts.
- Bilingual English & French
- Availability to travel across the US as required
- Appreciated previous experience: Lilian August, Roche-Bobois, Mitchell Gold, Cassina, B&B Italia, Flair, Ligne Roset, BIF