Job Status: Open
Job Title: US General Manager (Gourmet Food)
Location: New York City
Industry: Gourmet Food
Market: US market
Channel: Priority on luxury hospitality (4 and 5 star hotels), then luxury retail and ecommerce
Reporting to: International Sales Director
Direct Reports: 1 part time assistant
Languages: English only
Salary Range: (USD) Around $100k to $130k in annual base salary + bonus
Visa: No sponsorship possible. Must have valid work authorization
Job ID: CW24-072
Remote work policy: Full remote
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Company size: Small (1-50 ppl)
Our client is a renowned French Gourmet food brand with a small US operations comprised of the GM and 1 part time assistant.
Objective of the Role
The General Manager will serve as the brand’s principal representative in the United States, directly reporting to the headquarters in France. This individual will be pivotal in enhancing the brand’s market share and visibility across the US, with a particular emphasis on luxury hospitality (4 and 5 star hotels. This is their #1 focus), followed by premium retail, and e-commerce sectors. The role is designed for a leader who can drive growth, manage key relationships, and ensure the brand’s prestigious reputation is upheld in all endeavors.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with director-level sales experience in the luxury goods industry, preferably with exposure to premium food or beverages. This person should have a robust network within luxury hospitality and premium retail sectors, embodying exceptional communication skills to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders. A strategic thinker with a proven success record in sales management and business development, the candidate should also be a confident leader, equipped with excellent IT skills for comprehensive market analysis and reporting.
- Sales: Drive growth by retaining and expanding the customer base, focusing on luxury hospitality, premium retail, and e-commerce. Achieve annual sales targets, lead and develop the US team, and gradually increase the brand’s presence in the Americas.
- Marketing: Collaborate with the UK marketing team to maintain brand standards in the US, engage in brand and product advocacy, and participate in trade shows and other promotional activities.
- Operations: Oversee the development of the operating platform in the US, manage inventory, coordinate finance and logistics operations, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Reporting: Provide comprehensive reports on sales, financial performance, and market insights to the board, ensuring efficient use of CRM systems for sales and account management.
- Leadership: Develop a long-term vision for the brand in the US, under the guidance of the Board of Directors, focusing on luxury sector growth. Hire, coach, and develop the team, becoming a brand advocate and product expert.
- Director-level sales experience in the luxury goods industry, with a preference for those experienced in premium food or beverages.
- Access to a significant network within the luxury hospitality and premium retail sectors.
- Exceptional communication and strategic account management skills.
- A proven track record in sales management and business development.
- Leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire and develop a team.
- Proficiency in IT, including spreadsheets and presentation tools.