Our client focuses primarily on the sales, distribution & marketing of fragrances, health & beauty aids & color cosmetics – targeted at the mass market sector. They specialize in, mass merchandise, discount, grocery, apparel retail distribution. They have a footprint in Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, CATO, Big Lots, 5 Below, CitiTrends as well as a range of Latin American countries including, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina.
You will have a full P&L responsibility and will be in charge of sales, budgeting, marketing, visual and training for the US Domestic market. The US market is underdeveloped for the brand and we need a very field oriented Brand Manager who will roll up his/her sleeves and get involved in everything down to training and motivating retail sales teams of retail partners.
- Minimum 20 years of experience of which a good portion should be in managing businesses or heading business divisions.
- Shown continued experience of opening & growing key retail accounts.
- Must have had experience of working in Health & Beauty, Personal Care, Color Cosmetics or Perfume companies.
- The ideal mix of candidate is that who has worked in a large blue-chip company, or sales broker firm – along with assorted small/mid size company experience.
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of the company.
- Responsible for determining the company’s overall business strategy in conjunction with the group’s CEO & General Manager.
- Develop yearly budgets, sales targets, and profit objectives.
- Heavy focus on the opening & growing key accounts (medium to large retailers). Family Dollar, Dollar General, Wal Mart, Sam’s Wholesale Club, Costco (refer to list above).
- Working to manage & grow existing accounts, while making them more profitable – these include Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, CATO, Big Lots.
- Working to develop a national broker strategy.
- Analyze and continuously improve the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Working with the corporate marketing team to develop and implement a clear & cohesive marketing strategy for the company.
- Develop launch plans & obtain retailer meetings for 3 new personal care brand launches planned for the year.
- Leading, training & motivating the entire organization.
- Developing and expanding the company’s distribution network, appointing new distributors wherever necessary within the geographical area, to strengthen all the marketing activities including brand development, brand management and to ensure sustained growth of the company.
- Working to develop the Central & Latin American markets.
- To identify and attract new design and creative sources to keep the company’s offerings current and provide sufficient diversity to meet the various account and market requirements.
- To assist in development of the product range being offered through identification of new products needed in the current product categories or in new categories in the HBA space to help develop and expand the sales of the company.
- To work with the Warehouse team to ensure optimum logistical set up is in place.
- To get actively involved in demand planning & sales forecasting with the demand planning team, to ensure that all customer’s orders are delivered accurately and in timely manner whilst minimizing inventory.
- To actively work on greatly reducing the amount of inventory held.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure a seamless client experience from deal closure to the hand-off to service and delivery teams.
- Must have some relevant experience Health & Beauty, Personal Care, Color Cosmetics or Perfume companies.
- Shown consistent examples of opening & growing key accounts (list as above).
- Proven track record of increasing profitability of businesses or business units.
- Majority of their experience should be in Sales roles.
- Majority of their career should be in senior management roles.
- Experience and successful track record of meeting and achieving challenging sales targets.
- Experience of accurate sales forecasting.
- Very comfortable working with numbers to analyze and interpret financial data and P&L’s.
- Appreciated previous experience: P&G, Unilever, Edgewell personal care, Reckitt Benkiser, L’Oreal Kimberly Clark, Colgate Palmolive, e.l.f beauty, Coty, Biersdorf, Interparfums, Parlux, Gilette, Sarah Lee, Johnson & Johnson, Henkel, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Preferred (now known as Fragrance Acquisitions, Quality King, Personal care products Inc, Powerstick, Banana Boat, Avon, Mary Kay, Amazon, Wal Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Target, Kroger, Meijer, HEB, Big Lots, Bed, Bath & Beyond, CVS, Walgreens, Ulta, CPG Brokers, Ideaology 360, GMC Consulting, Wodika Devine, Inc, National Sales Solutions, LLC., Contemporary Marketing, Inc., The Emerson Group, Crossmark, Advantage, Acosta
- Appreciated previous titles: General Manager, Managing Director, Country Manager, COO, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Sales & Marketing