The employer for this US Sales Director position in Perfumes is a large international perfumes and fragrance company.
We are looking for a strong US Sales Director professional, who has a “hunter” / business developer mindset to develop the following distribution channels:
- Drugstore Chains: Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid
- Mid-Tier: Kohl’s, Sear’s
- Warehouse: Target, Walmart, Costco
The US Sales Director must have a strong sales background and a proven track record of driving growth. We are looking for a creative risk taker with a passion to build and expand our business. This person is a seasoned salesperson with strong relationships with decision makers. This manager can build a projection from the bottom up and deliver a strong sales number, staying within budget constraints. This individual would work well in a team environment and be able to collaborate with all departments.
Sales Director Responsibilities
- Generate and Implement new initiatives to increase sales & profitability. Work collaboratively within the organization to insure execution of key initiatives that lead to increased market share and profitability across all brands.
- Build and expand relationships with key retailers Establish continuing dialogue and build top level relationships with key retailers such as Kohl’s, Target, Walmart and Walgreen’s; proactively advancing the company’s reputation as a strong partner to grow their fragrance category with our brands through development of special programs and sharp pricing.
- Manage sales data and analytics; communicating relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Identify new areas of business opportunities beyond current organizational thinking. Drive the development and execution of long-term strategies to increase business.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Sales & Distribution, ideally within the Perfumes – Fragrances – Beauty category
- Proof of solid relationships with key contacts at (above) specific accounts (Drugstores and Warehouse clubs)
- A strategic thinker who can identify opportunities and develop plans to capitalize on them in a timely manner
- A self-starter, experience in owning and driving a P&L, comfortable managing a budget
- Appreciated previous experience: L’Oreal, Lancome, Coty, BPI, Beaute Prestige International, LVMH, Parfums Christian Dior, InterParfums, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Puig
- Appreciated previous titles: Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Marketing Director, Brand Director