Our client for this US Sales Director opportunity is a French niche and luxury candle and fragrance company with an office in NYC in charge of the US market.
- Manage an agent in charge of brick & mortar wholesale.
- Manage key online pure player accounts.
- Re-open the NYC boutique and open a new boutique in LA
- Help build the team
The ideal profile is an entrepreneurial sales director, ideally coming from luxury home goods or beauty and with a previous exposure to managing some online accounts.
- Monitoring global revenue and operational margin for each distribution channel
- Develop a strong commercial strategy for the region with focus on quality of the distribution, efficiency of the daily sales support, right catalogue management and launch strategies.
- Support and manage the relationship with our local agent, whose team is directly in charge of visiting, selling and training the selective reseller network across the US
- Manage and develop directly around 10 on-line pure player accounts. You will play a key role in the implementation and delivery of the two Brands marketing and retail strategy, to drive on-and offline sales and grow brand awareness.
- Accelerate the Retail strategy: you will oversee the opening of two new stores (a relocation in New York and a new store in L.A), ensure Merchandising is well executed, recruit the right profile of staff and help the store manager to follow set KPIs (sales targets, incentives, stock management, customer service).
- Oversee the DTC strategy together with our marketing team based in Paris ( fulfillment is done in the New York area)
- Supervise the Launch & Product portfolio management: ensure all partners have all the necessary POS to back up successfully new launches or simply running activities. Help the Paris team in the relationship with the local PR agency.
- Logistics : Manage the 3rd party logistics partner to ensure client satisfaction
And on slightly longer term:
- Optimize the strategy of the investments in social media driving traffic to the online store (currently managed by France)
- Opening of a few more boutiques
- Become the real Brand Ambassador in the region
- A successful experience in sales development acquired within the selective Luxury industry in high end perfumes, cosmetics or fashion/luxury accessory company
- The know-how of working with different US distribution channels (department stores, online)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, self-driver and keen to be part of a fast growing business yet small team
- Organized and likes to be involved in multiple areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to recruit, train and build up teams with a vision for the long term.
- Good computer skill and strong discipline in analyzing
- Ability to regularly travel across the US and to France
- Appreciated previous experience: Chanel, Christian Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, Puig, Roger & Gallet, YSL, Chanel, Annick Goutal, Arquiste, BYREDO, Christopher Brosius, Clive Christian, Creed, The Different Company, diptyque, D.S. and Durga, Frederic Malle, Jo Malone, Joya Studio, Juniper Ridge, Le Labo, Maison Francis Kurkdijan, Odin, Penhaligon’s, Ramón Monegal, Xerjoff
- Appreciated previous titles: Account Executive, Sales Director, Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager