Job Status: Open
Job Title: US Sales Manager (Beauty / Haircare)
Location: San Diego, CA
Alternate location: Or Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Beauty (Haircare)
Market: US Professional Haircare Market
Channel: Professional (hair salons)
Reporting to: Americas Director
Direct Reports: a local team of 4 people
Salary Range: (USD) Around $130k in annual base salary + bonus
Visa: No sponsorship possible. Must have valid work authorization
Job ID: CW23-054
Our client for this US Sales Manager position is a European beauty company focused primarily on haircare. They have an office in the US distributing their most technical brands to hair salons.
The US Sales Manager will be responsible for managing, coordinating and developing the business of 1 professional haircare brand across the USA, implementing commercial activities in the area aligned with the overall company and brand strategy in order to obtain and exceed the assigned targets (Net Sales, Gross Margin, Profitability).
- Continuous market analysis in the USA (e.g. analyzing other competitors/brands presence and positioning in the market, pricing strategies and new product innovations);
- Manage and lead the existing Legal Entity and corporate duties, together with the resources (people, assets, etc);
- Develop the brand aligned with the current brand strategy and create a stronger sales strategy which supports the brand growth in all the States;
- Manage the Distributors and the customers portfolio and evaluate, together with the Sales Director for the Americas, existing customers future potential in order to optimize investments in the Country;
- Constantly evaluate customer performance and stay up to date with potential new customers in the existing market. Ability to find new customers/distributors/accounts in not covered territories.
- Provide feedbacks to HQ Brand department in order to implement new product lines and sub-brands, present promotions for existing lines as well as creating bespoke promotions to meet market specific needs;
- Support the customers and their distribution network with education to secure excellence in product performance in the market, in collaboration with the Education department of the brand.
- Responsible for analyzing sales results and profitability (P&L) by customer on a monthly basis, with accurate forecast and sales plans.
- Implement the pricing and discount strategy of the brand in the market, in alignment with Brand positioning and HQ/Sales Director;
- Understand customer needs and evaluate them in relation to performance and return on investment, to ensure profitability. Collaborate with other company departments (in HQ) to obtain best results for these market specific requests.
- Manage the customers portfolio, orders, payments (through the existing Legal Entity) and the shipping process;
- Attend the main exhibitions in the hair & skincare industry (e.g. Las Vegas).
- Experience of at least 7/10 years in the same role, preferably in the Beauty/Cosmetic Industry;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in managing a team/little organizations;
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Spanish as a plus
- Great presentation skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Agile and proactive;
- Ability to work in team