Our client for this VP Sales North North America is an established international company selling trim accessories (buttons, zippers, etc…)
The VP Sales North America, will be the head of the US operations and will report to the head of the global division in Asia. Therefore, the VP Sales will also act a GM for the US team, keeping a strong focus on sales and business development. The Vice President of Sales, North America will drive strategic, profitable long-term growth and lead all sales and pipeline development activities for customers located the North America. This role will lead sales strategy development and execution, driving growth in Apparel industry.
We are looking for a Sales Manager with great potential to step up into a VP of Sales role and ideally coming from the garment trim accessories industry (clothing trim accessories) or similar. If not, don’t hesitate to apply if you have strong sales experience calling on large fashion brands and/or large retailers. The right VP of Sales candidate will also be able to provide input to help re-design the commercial strategy if necessary and how to organize the team to achieve the goals.
- Mentor and provide development opportunities for sales account executives. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated.
- Build and lead the execution of a regional sales strategy in support of Fashion division strategic plan. Leading senior level relationships for key accounts.
- Construct global key account management for North America based accounts.
- Focus on Pipeline build up and conversion.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talents.
- Model and promote the Group’s Code of Conducts and Values.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Participate global division strategic discussions as a member of division leader team.
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the barriers to delivering competitive advantage via global size and scale.
- Actively engage in utilizing company standard methodologies to increase efficiency and margins.
- Translate market trends and customer needs into measurable goals that build competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7-10 years business experience, emphasizing sales and marketing.
- Experience in apparel trim industry preferred.
- Strong experience in strategic Sales leadership needed.
- Proven success in cross-regional projects or initiatives.
- Sophisticated business and financial acuity needed.
- Experience in planning and forecasting, with practical experience in researching new opportunities and implementing successful account penetration.
- Champion new business ventures. This will require excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation.
- Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or initiatives.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Appreciated previous titles: VP of Sales, Vice President of Sales, General Manager, Country Manager, VP of Business Development