Our client for this West Coast Regional Manager opportunity is a very fast growing and well funded premium spirits group.
The West Coast Regional Manager will be in charge of:
- Sales and business development along the West Coast with a strong focus on the Las Vegas market, with the corresponding Market Manager
- Management of distributors and trade channels
- Implementation of the commercial and marketing plan
- Planning, analysis and control of the business and brands.
- Build excellent relationships and work closely with distributor marketing, sales and promotional personnel, to ensure the effective execution of marketing plans and the achievement of established sales goals.
- Interface with distributor trade marketing and sales team to facilitate implementation of marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade.
- Ensure product and channel strategies are executed; ensures compliance,
- Monitor inventory level of product and POS to avoid out-of-stocks. Ensures demand planning is timely and accurate.
- Implement merchandising and point of sale programs
- Implement brand plans to deliver annual goals, in terms of share, volume, revenue, contribution, distribution and pricing.
- Promotions, especially on-premise, will be an important element in the development of the company’s brands.
- Execute experiential programs for consumers, bartenders and trade, including drinks strategy.
- Conduct pre & post promotion/event ROI analysis.
- Monitor marketing and operational expense budgets to within agreed levels of spend. Ensure proper control.
- Develop and maintain effective personal relationships with key trade customers, including distributors, wholesalers, retailers, bar suppliers and on-premise accounts.
- Develop plans to motivate key on and off-premise accounts to purchase and promote company brands; ensure proper shelf management and adherence to
- Monitor accounts sold and distribution levels regularly to ensure achievement of brand goals.
- Monitor trade inventory levels of product and POS to eliminate out-of-stocks.
- Proven ability and experience in the sales, marketing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods.
- At least 6-7 years sales/marketing experience; minimum 2-3 years with beverage alcohol products.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage market/industry.
- Knowledge of distribution channels, and experience in managing distributors.
- University qualifications in business/marketing.
- Must be able to travel and dedicate evenings to on-premise work.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc.
- Appreciated previous titles: Regional Sales Manager, West Coast Manager, Regional Manager