We’ve written in the past about the massive range of online courses available to sharpen your skillset in sales, marketing, management and more.
But with the pandemic changing the sort of skillsets employers will need in the future, there’s no better time than the present to re-examine the skills you’ll need to success in 2021 and beyond.
Key Skills to Develop in a Post Pandemic World
- E-commerce: as more and more businesses move online, companies demand executives with a sophisticated understanding of the e-commerce landscape.
- Management: Executives who can manage high potential teams and exhibit leadership qualities in highly volatile times will be very important as the conditions in our society and economy change.
- Marketing and Sales Development: these two disciplines are always in high demand, but even more so today as priorities shift and economic conditions change rapidly.
- Customer Service: Improving the customer experience, from targeting products to enhancing delivery options has never been more important.
- Entrepreneurship: The skills to build new opportunity or exploit business areas that can grow is also an important skill moving into the post-pandemic period.
Following are some of the best ways you can prepare yourself to succeed in the changing post-pandemic landscape.
Top Online Training for E-Commerce
We have seen how businesses need to beef up their online presences in a variety of ways. Luxury retail needs to think of strategies for enhancing a high end experience through digital channels while all business who do retail need a comprehensive and sophisticated plan for curbside and same-day delivery.
Most individuals could benefit from a deeper understanding of how customers find them online, and in that sense, learning directly from Google is an obvious choice.
Learn Digital With Google is a destination where you can get up to speed quickly on what it takes to be searchable online. Best of all, this training is free.
Top Leadership Training
What does it take to succeed as a leader in post-pandemic times? The ability to cultivate and motivate diverse teams, the ability to navigate through rapidly changing economic waters, and to extract value in areas that others overlook.
Once again, it pays to seek out advice from the top people in the field, and in this sense, you can’t do much better than Harvard Business School. Their course on top Leadership Foundational Principles is a terrific place to shore up your understanding of the skills you’ll need to succeed.
Top Customer Service Training
Zappos has long been known as an icon in customer service, sending top executives to the call center and maintaining a unique approach to hiring only a rare breed of super enthusiastic hires. You can get a free mini crash course in superlative customer service right on their site.
Top Training in Entrepreneurship
Well established Fortune 500 companies will value those executives with strong entrepreneurial skills in the post-pandemic economy, meaning those individuals who can see and capitalize on new opportunities. Therefore it is a great time to enhance your understanding of market opportunity, business planning and projection.
MIT is an absolute trove of worthwhile content for executives and entrepreneurs. As of 2014, living MIT alumni have launched more than 30,000 active companies, creating some 4.6 million jobs and generating $1.9 trillion in annual revenue.
MIT Open Courseware is free and open to the public.
Tell us in the comments — how are you preparing for the post-pandemic landscape?