Our client for this US Managing Director role was a rapidly growing mass-market personal care company headquartered overseas. They entered the US market in 2019 and became leader of their category in 2 years in the Pharmacy channel. Initially, they worked with a distributor but are now transitioning to market directly with their own sales force. Their key accounts include CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta, Amazon, and their own DTC website.
As they are transitioning from having a distributor to calling on retailers directly, and as they are accelerating drastically their growth on the US market, they need to solidify their US team. Their VPs of Sales, Marketing, and Operations should report to a local country head, who will be located in either the Los Angeles or NYC area.
Finding a beauty and personal care executive with strong experience in both offline channels with traditional mass retailers and online platforms, including their DTC site and Amazon.
Our Executive Search Strategy
- Background in the beauty industry
- Full P&L responsibility
- Experience with fast-growing companies around the $100 million mark
Our Executive Search Process
- Kick-off call with the Global VP of Human Resources and the CEO/Founder
- Mapping all the fast-growing beauty and personal care companies in the US with sales between $100 million and $1 billion
- Identifying the most current and recent VP, SVP, and C-level executives in Sales, Marketing, and General Management
- Weekly progress calls
- 150 executive candidates contacted
- 21 interviewed by ACCUR
- 11 candidates presented to the client
- 6 candidates interviewed by the client
- The hired candidate has a background in beauty, personal care, and OTC pharmaceuticals, with several roles as VP and SVP in Sales, Business Development, Strategy, and Marketing.
Contact A Recruiter
More Beauty Industry Case Studies
Beauty Industry Testimonials
“Edouard Thoumyre and his team at ACCUR Recruiting Services are extremely professional and have an in-depth knowledge of the unique Luxury goods business. I have known and worked with him several times over the past 8 years and have always been extremely satisfied with the recruiting process and outcome.”
“Accurate, personalized & fast response is what comes to mind when I think of ACCUR Recruiting Services. Definitely a great firm to recommend!”
Beauty Industry Insights
Key Executive Traits Needed to Launch an International Beauty Brand in the US
The cosmetic industry is driven by multi-national conglomerates like L’Oréal, Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, Shishedo and Estée Lauder and therefore, when recruiting executives, we are often asked to identify candidates…
Launching a New Cosmetics Brand: The Executive Skills To Look For
Cosmetics is one of the most competitive industries that exist. You have a number of multinational conglomerate like L’Oréal, Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, Shishedo and Estée Lauder alongside startups such…
June Jobs Report 2023
The June Jobs Report, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, showed job gains of 209,000. This report reveals a slightly tempered arc of job growth, perhaps a sign that…